A luxurious safari and beach holiday to South Africa and Mozambique
Our Flexibility Promise
Book with confidence. Find out more about our Flexibility Promise, available on holidays booked by 30th June 2022 for travel to 30th November 2022.
- Experience some of South Africa’s best Big Five game viewing Thanda Private Game Reserve
- Enjoy full-board dining and the luxuries of a spa and wine cellar
- Join expert guides on a programme of included safari activities
- Relax and unwind at the superb White Pearl Resort on Mozambique’s Lagoon coast
- Discover amazing marine life, including turtles and dolphins, just yards from the idyllic beaches of Ponta Mamoli
- 3 Nights Thanda Safari Lodge
- 3 Nights Ponta Mamoli (Mozambique)
Activity adventure | August holidays | Beach | Honeymoon | Natural world | Safari | Wildlife
This week-long luxury 'bush and beach' combination begins with three luxurious nights at a private Big-Five game reserve in the South African province of KwaZulu-Natal. Enjoy the likes of twice-daily game drives and out-in-the-bush sundowners paired with sumptuous cuisine and the delights of a rejuvenating spa, perfect after a day tracking elephants, lions and cheetahs. Then, head north to relax at White Pearl Resorts on the talcum-powder beaches of Mozambique, in a suite that comes with a private plunge pool and sublime ocean views.
Day by day itinerary
Begin your trip in style with included airport lounge access before your flight to Johannesburg, arriving on day two.
Thanda Safari Lodge, South Africa
Arrive in Johannesburg's O.R. Tambo International Airport and board a connecting flight to Durban. On arrival, a transfer will see you to your luxury lodge in a private game reserve. Known for its abundant wildlife, diverse habitats and superb array of safari activities, it's one of South Africa's premier game-viewing regions. As well as the fabled Big Five of lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino, you'll also have the chance to spot cheetah and the rare black rhino. Expert guides and rangers will help you maximize your chances of seeing these and more as you head out on a programme of included activities, while back at the lodge you'll enjoy everything from the superb wine cellar to the sumptuous spa.
Stay: Thanda Safari Lodge, KwaZulu-Natal (Deluxe)
Meals: B L D
Ponta Mamoli, Mozambique
After breakfast on day four you'll be transferred to Kosi Bay on the border with Mozambique. After completing border formalities you'll continue your journey north to Ponta Mamoli and the stunning White Pearl Resort. Situated on Mozambique's gorgeous Lagoon Coast, this is the perfect place to relax and unwind; your suite comes with an outdoor shower, private deck and plunge pool. Discover extraordinary marine life including turtles and dolphins in the azure Indian Ocean waters, or head inland to the ancient elephant migration routes of the Maputo Elephant Reserve, where mangroves and reed swamps give way to dense forests.Throughout your stay you'll enjoy all meals, canapés at the pool bar, high tea, day time snacks, tea, coffee, bottled mineral water, local beers, soft drinks, a selection of spirits, house wines and a private butler service.
Stay: White Pearl Resorts Ponta Mamoli, Mozambique (Deluxe)
Meals: B L D
Depart for UK
Return by road to Maputo for your return flight via Johannesburg to London. Upon arrival the following day, continue your journey home, drawing a conclusion to your memorable holiday.
Any element of this itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
from £4,355 pp. incl. flights
from £5,415 pp. incl. flights
- Complimentary UK airport lounge access
- Return flights between London and Johannesburg
- Domestic flights from Johannesburg to Durban and from Maputo to Johannesburg
- Transfer from Durban airport to Thanda, from Thanda to White Pearl (via Kosi Bay border) and from White Pearl to Maputo
- 3 nights accommodation in a 5* (Deluxe) lodge on a full-board basis including soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, minibar, laundry and twice-daily safari activities, bush walks
- 3 nights accommodation in a 5* (Deluxe) beach hotel on a full-board basis including high tea, day time snacks, mini bar snacks, teas, coffees, bottled mineral water, local beers, soft drinks, selection of spirits, house wines, private butler service, laundry service, complimentary Wi-Fi, horse riding on the beach, town tour, beach picnic, snorkelling, kayaking, surfing, star gazing and seasonal turtle walks
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0797Meet the team