Wexas Limited has been providing corporate and leisure travel services to a diverse range of corporate and leisure clients and members since 1970. Based in London and Bournemouth, Wexas was founded in 1970 and remains a private, family owned business. Today we are recognised in the travel industry for our service and quality.
Wexas Limited directors and employees take our Corporate Social and Legal responsibilities extremely seriously. We recognise our employees are our greatest asset. We recruit and retain excellent individuals to service our clients’ needs. We hire the best employees without thought of race, gender, religion, disability or sexual orientation. We expect that any companies or suppliers we work with hold the same values and we audit our suppliers at the start of a new relationship to ensure this. This is not just words, our employment mix of nationalities, gender, religion and sexual orientation speaks for itself in demonstration of our values.
Wexas is committed to ensuring an organisational commitment to understanding the risks of modern slavery in accordance with our responsibilities under section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015. Wexas will ensure that there is no modern slavery in our business or in our supply chain.
As a responsible business we will not use or accept forced, incarcerated, coerced or indentured labour. Furthermore we will not accept child labour. We will do all we can to eradicate these practices through our own practices and by ensuring the same standards with any of our partners. We will audit of our performance on an annual basis in line with our Equal Opportunities and Corporate Social Responsibility policies.
- Continue to operate in an equal opportunity employment environment, thriving as an ethnically and culturally diverse company.
- Treat our employees fairly, with dignity and respect while upholding their employment rights under universally acceptable international standards.
- Protect the health of our workforce and promote healthier lifestyles while developing their life and business skills. This is a core principle at the heart of our Company Health Insurance scheme, where employees are rewarded for healthier lifestyles.
- Empower all employees toward open and honest conversation with the company management and to report, without fear of retribution, known instances of abuse disregarding our principles and company values.
- Educate our employees on the principles of sustainable development and the commitment of Wexas towards ethical business practices and the requirements to comply with the specific legislation in regards to Modern Slavery and Anti-Bribery & Corruption.
To ensure a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains and business, we will provide training to our employees to assist them in identifying and preventing exploitation.
Our Business and Supply Chains
Wexas Limited has offices in London and Bournemouth where we employ over 100 people. Our employees provide business and leisure travel services to a diverse range of companies, not-for-profit organisations and charities as well as to individual clients and travel agents. We have a number of core suppliers for services such as reservation and back office systems and visa & passport services. In addition to these core suppliers we have a wide range of travel suppliers integral to our operations such as airlines, hotels, car rental companies, train operating companies, cruise lines and destination management companies. As part of our responsibilities under section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015, Wexas Limited has written to our major suppliers requesting confirmation from their senior management that they are satisfied that their operations have suitable preventative measures in place to prevent modern slavery. Furthermore, we are committed to having an ongoing and open dialogue with our suppliers and to working with them to ensure robust preventative measures are in place and we will continue to seek confirmation of this over time.
Supplier Adherence to Our Values
Wexas Limited has a zero tolerance approach to slavery and human trafficking and expects our suppliers and contractors to uphold the same values. Wexas will not conduct business knowingly with anyone engaged in slavery and human trafficking practices or knowingly permit them to be carried out in any part of its business. We are adapting our supplier terms and conditions to include applicable anti-slavery provisions and will look to secure similar protection in all relevant supply arrangements.
Wexas has in place the following policies reflecting its commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all its business relationships:
- Anti-bribery and corruption policy
- Equal opportunities and ethical policy
- Whistleblowing policy