Wexas Travel insurance offers genuinely extensive cover for peace of mind while you are travelling. Drawing on 48 years' experience, we have designed a policy that offers extensive cover, along with a range of optional add-ons that includes winter sports, cruises and business trips. Our policy includes enhanced cover for travel disruption and even scheduled airline failure insurance, something excluded from many travel policies.
If you travel more than once a year, our annual multi-trip policy options may save you money. Annual policies offer the same extensive protection for any number of trips in a 12-month period, as well as convenience. We’ll even remind you when your renewal is due.
From just £78 per person
(that's less than 22p per day...)
From just £15 per person
For an annual multi-trip or single trip insurance quotation, or to purchase an insurance policy online, simply complete our quick form to be covered:
Reasons to use Wexas travel insurance:
- 48 years' experience from the people who invented annual multi-trip travel insurance
- Cover available up to and including the age of 85 for both single trip and annual multi-trip policies
- Enhanced cover offering up to £2,000 for personal effects
- Emergency medical expenses up to £10million
- Cover for travel disruption and scheduled airline failure insurance
- Automatic cover for many recreational sports including scuba diving, horse riding and trekking
- Wide range of optional add-ons.
- 14-day cooling-off period
Single trip insurance
- Single trip cover available up to and including the age of 85 for Europe and worldwide
- Family and single parent family policy options
- Optional cover available for winters sports, business, cruises, golf and weddings
- Optional excess waiver
- 15% discount if you purchase your insurance within 21 days of your trip departure
- Single trip insurance starts from just £15
- Annual multi-trip insurance available up to and including the age of 74
- Choose from Europe or worldwide cover
- Three options offering maximum durations of 31, 60 and 92 days per trip
- Optional cover available for business, cruises, golf, weddings and winter sports
- Annual insurance starts from just £78 per person and from £130 per family
Annual Multi-trip Insurance Premiums
Optional extensions and discounts
Extra cancellation cover: £93 per £1,000 (up to max £10,000)
Single Trip Insurance Premiums
Optional extensions and discounts
Excess waiver: £11.50 per person
Extra cancellation cover: £49 per £1,000 (up to max £10,000)
Late purchase discount: 15% if bought within 21 days of departure
Family** premium: 250% of adult premium
Single-parent family** premium: 150% of adult premium
* Family definition: the insured, and where applicable his/her married spouse, or cohabiting couples (including same-sex couples in a civil partnership) and all dependent children (including adopted and step-children) aged under 19 years (or aged under 25 years if in full-time education) living in the same household.
** Single-parent family definition: One adult plus any number of their dependent children aged under 19 years or aged under 25 years if in full-time education and living in the same household.
Summary of cover
Please note these are the maximum benefits payable under each section. An excess of between £80 and £115 applies to most sections; excess waiver available on single trip policies. Full policy wording is available on request.
Your policy includes many recreational sports at no extra charge, including scuba diving up to a depth of 30m, horse riding and trekking at altitudes of under 2,000m. Additional cover is available for most hazardous sports for a supplement – please contact us for a quotation.
Who is eligible?
Wexas travel insurance policies are available to any permanent resident of the UK or Channel Islands. We can also arrange travel insurance policies for residents of other countries, outside the UK. Talk to one of our specialists for more information.
Our insurance policy contains health restrictions that apply to the cover provided under the cancellation, curtailment, medical and personal accident sections of the policy. If you make a claim relating to a defined pre-existing medical condition that has not been declared and has not been agreed by the medical screening Health Check in writing, your claim may be reduced or declined. In order to ensure that you’re adequately insured, you must declare all pre-existing medical conditions for yourself and anyone insured on the policy.
If you’re unsure as to what to declare, we recommend you contact the Health Check line on 01702 427179. Details of how to do so can be found on your insurance documents. When you contact the Health Check line, you’ll be advised if your condition can be covered by this insurance policy and any additional terms or premiums that may apply. Please note that we cannot guarantee to be able to offer cover for all conditions. However, if the terms made available to you are unacceptable, you’ll be able to cancel this policy and obtain a full refund, provided you’ve not already travelled or made a claim. This is also on the proviso that you contact us within 14 days of the policy issue date, or within seven days of the change in your circumstances if you’re declaring a new condition that has arisen after you purchased your policy but before you start your outward journey.
Please read the insurance terms carefully to ensure you understand the cover provided, which is offered on a non advised basis from a single insurer. The policy includes certain terms, conditions, exclusions and excesses. In particular, cover is excluded for any defined pre-existing medical condition from which you or any person upon whom travel depends are suffering. If in doubt please contact the medical helpline in confidence on 01702 427179, as additional cover may be purchased directly from the insurer’s Health Check line for certain pre-existing medical conditions. The policy contains a 14-day cooling off period and details of how to make a claim and who to contact in the event of a medical emergency. All premiums shown are valid for policies issued up to 31/01/2019 and are inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax (currently 20%).
Wexas Travel registered address
Dorset House, 27–45 Stamford Street, London SE1 9NT.Wexas is an appointed representative of Campbell Irvine Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA Register Number 306242). You can check this on the FCA's register by visiting www.fca.org.uk or by calling 0800 111 6768.
Alternatively, to apply for travel insurance, call a Wexas specialist on 020 7590 0610