A slice of modernism in classic Venice
History & culture | Summer
Hotel L’Orologio enjoys a privileged, central position on the Grand Canal, just a short walk from the Rialto Bridge. As such, it’s only a few steps to Piazza San Marco’s famous sights, the operas of La Fenice and the Venezia-Santa Lucia train station. That said, be sure to find some time in Venice to relax and imbibe the atmosphere, perhaps at one of its many canal-side or piazza-facing cafés. Of course, you can’t go wrong with a run out on a gondola.
While the hotel marries a heritage location with contemporary style, its theme – inspired by the world of collectible watches – is the facet that stands out. It’s subtlety done too, adding a true sense of class with names such as Rolex and Patek Philippe represented. As such, all rooms feature a decidedly modern style with minimalist sensibilities realised in bold splashes of colour, innovative artwork and high quality woods and leathers. Authentic beamed ceilings add a touch of warmth, as do the marble bathrooms. Upgrade for views of the hotel’s famous neighbour – the Grand Canal – while, for longer stays, consider an apartment, which mixes in a more traditional style.
The hotel’s signature L’O Bar is a sophisticated lounge where drinks are served on an elegant stone counter and patrons can relax on vintage leather armchairs. Given its setting, oversized windows make the most of views over the Grand Canal to the waters of the lagoon beyond. You’ll be able to enjoy a wide selection of sweet and savoury snacks throughout the day, mixing traditional Venetian cuisine with more standard fare such as sandwiches and salads. It’s all prepared with fresh, high-quality ingredients. Breakfasts come in the form of a continental and American buffet, replete with fresh, organic produce.
At L’Orologio, you’ll be welcomed by a large open foyer where vintage leather sofas and a large fireplace invite you to relax. And, while the L’O Bar offers an excellent spot to enjoy an aperitif drink, you might prefer the view from the fourth floor terrace. Enjoy a fine wine – or your meal – in the sun with views over the Venetian architecture. Lastly, although you might prefer to be out exploring with so many of the city’s attractions on your doorstep, there’s also complimentary WiFi throughout.
Stay here on these holidays
The Venice Simplon-Orient-Express – the very name conjures up images of 19th-century splendour, of silent film stars and Agatha Christie. All of the glamour and mystique still lingers, the white-gloved service as faultless as one could hope for from the world's most famous train ride.
This journey is the just-as spectacular reverse of London to Venice onboard the esteemed Venice Simplon-Orient-Express. You’ll start in Venice, staying in a charming canal-side hotel, before enjoying fine dining and immaculate service as you speed through the picturesque Austrian Alps.
Any element of this accommodation can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
from £550 pp. incl. flights
from £990 pp. incl. flights
- Complimentary UK departure lounge access
- Return flights between UK and Venice
- Meet & Greet service at Venice Marco Polo airport
- Private return water taxi transfers from Venice Marco Polo airport to accommodation
- 3nts accommodation at the L'Orologio Hotel Venice on a B&B basis
- 2.5 hour Food & Wine walking tour of Venice with stops in bacari and wine bars to discover the city through its gastronomic culture*
* Join a walking tour for a taste of 'cicchetti' culture, seek out traditional osterias favoured by locals to sample Venetian tapas, best enjoyed with some white wine, as you learn about the city's culinary secrets. Taste your way through the back streets of Venice and discover where the local Venetians go to drink and mingle. Your guide will enlighten you with secrets of this fascinating city as you visit three traditional osterias. Here you will taste the famous local "Cicchetti", a true Venice institution, small dishes of local specialities traditionally enjoyed with a glass of wine.
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0796