A slice of modernism in classic Venice
Save big with the British Airways sale
Book now for great savings for travel into 2020 and save up to £1,617 pp. Hurry – sale ends 24 September and the best fares will go quickly. Enquire now to avoid missing out.
History & culture | Summer
Hotel L’Orologio enjoys a privileged, central position on the Grand Canal, just a short walk from the Rialto Bridge. As such, it’s only a few steps to Piazza San Marco’s famous sights, the operas of La Fenice and the Venezia-Santa Lucia train station. That said, be sure to find some time in Venice to relax and imbibe the atmosphere, perhaps at one of its many canal-side or piazza-facing cafés. Of course, you can’t go wrong with a run out on a gondola.
While the hotel marries a heritage location with contemporary style, its theme – inspired by the world of collectible watches – is the facet that stands out. It’s subtlety done too, adding a true sense of class with names such as Rolex and Patek Philippe represented. As such, all rooms feature a decidedly modern style with minimalist sensibilities realised in bold splashes of colour, innovative artwork and high quality woods and leathers. Authentic beamed ceilings add a touch of warmth, as do the marble bathrooms. Upgrade for views of the hotel’s famous neighbour – the Grand Canal – while, for longer stays, consider an apartment, which mixes in a more traditional style.
The hotel’s signature L’O Bar is a sophisticated lounge where drinks are served on an elegant stone counter and patrons can relax on vintage leather armchairs. Given its setting, oversized windows make the most of views over the Grand Canal to the waters of the lagoon beyond. You’ll be able to enjoy a wide selection of sweet and savoury snacks throughout the day, mixing traditional Venetian cuisine with more standard fare such as sandwiches and salads. It’s all prepared with fresh, high-quality ingredients. Breakfasts come in the form of a continental and American buffet, replete with fresh, organic produce.
At L’Orologio, you’ll be welcomed by a large open foyer where vintage leather sofas and a large fireplace invite you to relax. And, while the L’O Bar offers an excellent spot to enjoy an aperitif drink, you might prefer the view from the fourth floor terrace. Enjoy a fine wine – or your meal – in the sun with views over the Venetian architecture. Lastly, although you might prefer to be out exploring with so many of the city’s attractions on your doorstep, there’s also complimentary WiFi throughout.
Stay here on these holidays
25% Companion Discount offer for Sept-Nov departures – Save up to £165 pp
Book by: 24 September 2019
After a stay in a canal-side palace, reached by private water taxi, indulge with bar-car drinks and fine dining as you sweep over the Alps and through rural Europe.
Early booking discount - L'Orologio Hotel – Save up to £25 pp
Book by: 30 September 2019
The signature route – Alpine vistas and French countryside paired with champagne receptions, multi-course meals and a luxury Venetian stay, reached by private water taxi.
Any element of this accommodation can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
from £555 pp. incl. flights
from £995 pp. incl. flights
- Complimentary UK departure lounge access
- Return flights between UK and Venice
- Meet & Greet service at Venice Marco Polo airport
- Private return water taxi transfers from Venice Marco Polo airport to accommodation
- 3nts accommodation at the L'Orologio Hotel Venice on a B&B basis
- 2.5 hour Food & Wine walking tour of Venice with stops in bacari and wine bars to discover the city through its gastronomic culture*
* Join a walking tour for a taste of 'cicchetti' culture, seek out traditional osterias favoured by locals to sample Venetian tapas, best enjoyed with some white wine, as you learn about the city's culinary secrets. Taste your way through the back streets of Venice and discover where the local Venetians go to drink and mingle. Your guide will enlighten you with secrets of this fascinating city as you visit three traditional osterias. Here you will taste the famous local "Cicchetti", a true Venice institution, small dishes of local specialities traditionally enjoyed with a glass of wine.
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0796