Discover the romance of Rome, Florence & Venice
- Unearth Rome’s ancient civilisation and Baroque charm
- Explore Florence’s medieval and Renaissance beauty
- Take in Venice's floating wonders
- Explore with included city tours and a gondola punt
- Enjoy included private transfers and rail journeys
- 2 Nights Rome
- 1 Night Florence
- 2 Nights Venice
City | Food & wine | History & culture | Honeymoon | Rail journey
Italy is a destination that rewards. As such, despite lasting just under a week, this curated getaway takes in three of its finest cities; there’s Rome’s heritage both ancient and artistic, Florence’s immaculately preserved Renaissance and Venice’s world-wonder audacity. Expert-led tours and even an afternoon spent on an evocative gondola ride will bring it all to life. You’ll link the three with relaxing train travel and stays in our hand-picked collection of hotels, known for their personal service, architectural detail and luxurious comforts.
Day by day itinerary
After enjoying your complimentary airport lounge access, your flight to the Italian capital will be met by a private driver, who'll bring you to your chosen accommodation. Both our marbled options are delightfully central, with the Deluxe spa offering a special highlight. While you'll have time to take in the city's café scene, fashionably shopping and ancient Colosseum wonders, we've included a tour of Rome's finest sights. The 2nd-century Pantheon’s austere façade contrasts with the grand Baroque flourishes of Trevi Fountain and the Piazza Navona. Further highlights include a trip to the Vatican City for St. Peter’s Basilica, a true Renaissance masterpiece.
Rome to Florence
After breakfast, make your way to the station where you’ll board your rail journey to Florence. You’ll arrive with plenty of time to explore this Renaissance gem where evocative narrow streets constantly surprise with stunning basilicas, world-class art galleries and grand medieval piazzas. Don’t miss out on the Galleria degli Uffizi and its Renaissance classics or the city’s cathedral whose intricately detailed pink, white and green marble façade is capped by a giant red-tiled dome. Your central, marbled accommodation is perfectly poised to take it all in, housed in a historic building in the old town.
After a morning spent further exploring Florence – the Ponte Vecchio Bridge’s medieval tumble and the citywide views from the Piazzale Michelangelo are a must – you’ll catch the train to Venice. Both hotel options here are situated on the Grand Canal in magnificent Venetian palaces, with the city's backalley maze of atmospheric laneways and waterways on their doorstep. You'll also explore with an included tour, focusing on the famous Piazza San Marco, where cathedrals shine in burnished gold, palaces arch out over the waters and bell towers strike towards the sky. You’ll end with a gondola ride through the canals, watching the river life play out in front of you as you duck historic bridges.
Stay: Sina Palazzo Sant'Angelo, Venice (Superior), Baglioni Hotel Luna, Venice (Deluxe)
Spend the morning at leisure before an included private transfer take you to the airport and your flight home.
Any element of this itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
from £910 pp. incl. flights
from £1,315 pp. incl. flights
Valid for travel: year round
- Complimentary UK departure airport lounge access
- Return flights from the UK into Rome and returning from Venice
- Return private airport transfers
- Standard-class rail ticket from Rome to Florence
- Standard-class rail ticket from Florence to Venice
- 2 nights at Hotel Dei Mellini Hotel in Rome on a B&B basis
- 1 night at the Santa Maria Novella Hotel in Florence on a B&B basis
- 2 nights at the Sina Palazzo Sant'Angelo in Venice on a B&B basis which includes a private pier on the Grand Canal, a bar overlooking the Grand Canal and a Jacuzzi bathtub in every room
- Monumental Rome sightseeing tour (3 hours, shared) including Colosseum, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill, the Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel and St Peters Basilica
- Walking tour of Venice & Gondola ride (2 hours, shared)
Please note: Excursions are available as private instead of shared. Contact our team for prices and other optional excursions
Benefits: During your stay at the Sina Palazzo Sant'Angelo in Venice, your will receive a 20% discount at Antinoos's Lounge & Restaurant at the Hotel Centurion Palace (sister hotel), in addition upgrade to a Deluxe Room and receive a complimentary bottle of Italian sparkling wine in your room on arrival
Low Season : 01 - 28 Feb 2019
High Season : 06 Sep - 18 Oct 2019
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0796