Immerse yourself in Banff's mighty outdoors, showcased spectacularly from a luxury train
- Contrast the urban lights of Vancouver with rugged canyons, winding rivers and lush green farmlands
- Witness some of Canada's most spectacular scenery all from the comfort of your glass-domed train car
- Traverse across high mountain ridges historic within the region's rail heritage
- Discover Banff's vast icefields, abundance of lakes and picturesque forest trails
- Indulge in the Michelin-starred meals, complimentary drinks and wonderful hospitality of the Rocky Mountaineer
Mountains | Natural world | Rail journey
This two-day rail journey makes a wonderful extension to any western Canada road trip, where you'll discover the spectacular scenery that makes Canada's natural world so famous. You'll head across high mountain ridges only accessible via train, marvelling from the comfort of your oversized window at the dense forests, otherworldly lakes and abundance of mountains, interrupted only by deep canyons and colossal glaciers. You'll end or begin in spectacular Banff, where the eponymous national park offers a complete outdoor playground, maybe even affording a glimpse of a roaming grizzly bear.
Day by day itinerary
Vancouver to Kamloops
Today you'll begin a rail journey that epitomises Canadian beauty, where green farmlands give way to winding rivers before mountains and glacier-fed lakes dominate the landscape. Highlights today include traversing the desert-like Fraser Canyon and speeding over the bursting Hell’s Gate and steep rocky slopes lining the picturesque Thompson River. It's all enjoyed alongside free drinks and snacks, finished off with a Michelin-starred breakfast and lunch, taking time to head to the outdoor viewing platform to spot a grazing moose or two.
Stay: Kamloops hotel
Meals: B L
Kamloops to Banff
Today will be spent discovering the charms of the Rockies, with highlights including the famous Spiral Tunnels that make up much of the area's historic rail heritage, and Craigellachie, where the last spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway took place. You'll climb over Rogers Pass, a soaring mountain ridge that's lined by bright green forests in the summer and blanketed in scenic white during winter – both are just as magical. You'll traverse up the spectacular Kicking Horse Canyon and witness Banff and the glacier-dotted Rockies in all their glory, where shimmering blue lakes and forested inlets are framed by steely, snow-capped peaks.
Any element of this itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
from £1,145 pp.
from £1,380 pp.
Rocky Mountaineer First Passage to the West
(Vancouver | Kamloops | Banff) - also operates in reverse
- Overnight allocated accommodation in Kamloops
- Custom-designed single-level dome coach with oversized glass-dome windows
- Delicious hot entree options plated to your preference, meals served in the comfort of your seat
- Reclining, comfortable pre-assigned seating with ample leg room
- Complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages throughout journey with Gourmet snacks
- Outdoor viewing between coaches
- Baggage delivery to your overnight hotel accommodation in Kamloops
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0635