Search for the Northern Lights in Canada's remote northwest
British Airways North America Sale
The British Airways North America Sale is now on, with savings to a wide range of destinations across USA, Canada and Mexico – ends 29 November 2022.
- Watch the Northern Lights from the comforts of a boutique Yukon ranch
- Head out into the wilderness on snowshoes and fatbikes
- Soak in a spa tub overlooking snow-capped mountains and ancient forests
- Enjoy delicious full-board dining, inspired by the region
- Bookend your adventure with luxury stays in Vancouver
- 2 Nights Vancouver
- 2 Nights Whitehorse
- 3 Nights Northern Lights Resort & Spa
- 1 Night Vancouver
Activity adventure | Northern Lights | Winter
Experience the best of the Yukon in winter as you enjoy a thrilling adventure at Northern Lights Resort & Spa. It all begins in Vancouver, whose pretty setting between mountains and sea offers an early and tantalising glimpse of Canada’s pristine natural world. Then, swap city slicking for the wintry wilds of the Canadian Arctic and a three-night stay at the Northern Lights Resort & Spa. Here’s, you’ll have the chance to explore on a range of optional adventures, returning each evening to delicous fireside dining and, with luck, night-time displays of the aurora.
Day by day itinerary
Fly to Vancouver
Start your holiday in style with included airport lounge access before your flight to Vancouver on Canada’s Pacific coast. On arrival, you’ll make your way to your city-centre hotel, the delightful Loden, whose designer interiors, spa, sauna and rooftop bar ensure an indulgent stay. You’ll have two nights here, affording plenty of time to explore a city whose highlights range from sprawling parklands to neighbourhoods bustling with boutiques and bistros. Perhaps take a cruise out from the harbour to search for whales and dolphins, explore the city’s galleries and museums or indulge in a food scene that’s constantly rated as one of the world’s best.
Stay: The Loden (Superior)
Fly north to Whitehorse the capital and only city of Yukon, spend two nights in the historic and colourful city. Named after the rapids on the Yukon River, the city was built by prospectors who flooded in the region at the height of the Klondike gold rush. Today it is an easier place to reach and explore, during your time in the city we recommend a visit to the MacBride Museum, and after a long day settle down and try out something from the Yukon Brewing Company.
Stay: BW Gold Rush Inn, Whitehorse (Standard)
Northern Lights Resort & Spa
Today you leave Whitehorse behind and transfer to Northern Lights Resort & Spa, around 30 minutes outside the city. Despite its reassuring proximity to civilisation, it still feels a world away from the comparative bustle of the Yukon’s provincial capital, surrounded as it is by the granite jags of a snow-dusted mountain range and the seemingly endless boreal forest that stretches out across the valley as far as the eye can see. It’s a truly spectacular setting for three days of adventure and relaxation, as you take the chance to explore on snowshoes , included in the price, before returning to delicious dining, inspired by the region, bonfire beers and the chance to take in the Northern Lights from your balcony and the ranch’s specially built viewing platform. For further adventure, speak to our specialists about adding on the likes of husk safaris and cross-country skiing trips in the company of expert guides.
Stay: Northern Lights Resort & Spa, Whitehorse (Superior)
Meals: B L D
Return to Vancouver
Transfer back to Whitehorse this morning and board a flight south to Vancouver, checking into the Loden for an overnight stay. Take the chance to explore further, perhaps heading to the Gastown district, Vancouver’s oldest neighbourhood, where street-food stalls and one-of-a-kind galleries showcase the city at its eclectic best.
Stay: The Loden (Superior)
Vancouver to UK
After a morning at leisure, board an overnight flight to the UK, arriving on day eight.
Any element of this itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
Northern Lights season: early September to late April
- Complimentary UK airport VIP departure lounge access
- Return flights between UK and Vancouver
- 3 nights accommodation in Vancouver (2 x pre and 1 x post Yukon)
- Return flights between Vancouver and Whitehorse
- 2 nights accommodation in Whitehorse
- 3 nights accommodation at Northern Lights Lodge & Spa - All meals at the lodge (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- All land transport and return transfers from/to Whitehorse
- 2 nights Aurora viewing at Northern Tales viewing site (including hot drinks and snacks
- 3 nights Aurora viewing at Northern Lights Lodge & Spa
- Complimentary city tour, snowshoe rental at lodge
- Free download link for pictures taken during the Aurora tour
- Access to northern lights viewing platform, bonfire area, toboggan hill for sledding and a walking trail throughout the property
The Northern Lights generally come out after 10pm. They tend to start glowing in the northern horizon and can appear across the sky in all directions. Even with cloud cover, it will be possible to see the green glow. The lights can be green, red, purple and pink depending on activity.
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0635