The beauty of the Rockies is wonderfully taken in via a luxury train
Free car hire on all tailor-made self-drives holidays
We're offering free car hire on all self-drive holidays. Simply book before 30th September to take advantage of this fantastic offer.
- Observe the glorious lakes, mountains and forests of the Canadian Rockies from the comfort of a luxury train
- Traverse through changing landscapes, from vast farmlands to arid deserts and rushing river canyons
- Spot bears and moose from the train's sprawling viewing platforms
- Take in colossal waterfalls only accessible via train
- Enjoy luxury on board an elegant train, with gourmet meals and complimentary drinks
Mountains | Natural world | Rail journey
This two-day extension is a wonderful choice if you're looking for relaxing exploration through the intensely scenic landscapes of western Canada, and can be easily added on before or after a road trip. You'll stay in Kamloops, where endless trails give way to dense forests and snow-capped mountains, and Jasper, deep in the Rockies, which perhaps epitomises Canadian beauty. During the day, you’ll traverse over rushing canyons, see waterfalls only reachable via train and marvel at grandiose mountains such as the Rockies' highest peak, Mount Robson, edged by endless fjords and lakes. This route is equally spectacular whether you begin in Vancouver or Jasper, and it's all done on board a luxury train, where you'll enjoy Michelin-starred meals, complimentary drinks and glass-domed coaches.
Day by day itinerary
Vancouver to Kamloops
Today you'll discover endlessly changing scenes as you traverse along canyons, ridges and forests. Highlights include the sprawling Fraser Valley, where inlets and sprawling farmlands play host to a laidback way of life among serene fjords, and the imposing Cascade mountains that dwarf the forested lands below, laced with snaking river canyons. Enjoy complimentary drinks as you traverse through the semi-arid landscape and wine regions of the BC interior, another spectacular sight before the sheer slants of the Thompson River give way to the cascading Hell’s Gate, a narrowing of the Fraser River.
Stay: Kamloops Hotel
Meals: B L
Kamloops to Jasper
Today sees you negotiate the winding tracks towards the famed Canadian Rockies in gloriously scenic Alberta. Enjoy lunch in the dining room of your luxurious train cart, where traditional Canadian fare is prepared by Michelin-starred chefs. Particular points of interest today include the sparkling lakes beneath the colossal Monashee mountains, the imposing Mount Robson, and the three-tiered Pyramid Falls – going via train is the only way to take in the entire waterfall, with tracks passing directly by the valley. You'll traverse past dense forests, hugging the peaks of the Yellowhead Pass, and discover Jasper National Park, where endless mountain wilderness is seen in sparkling lakes, emblematic craggy inlets and hot springs, all framed by humbling snow-capped mountains. From here, head to your onward destination or chosen hotel.
Meals: B L
Any element of this itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
Silver Leaf 2019 departures
from £905 pp.
from £1,085 pp.
Rocky Mountaineer Journey Through the Clouds
(Vancouver | Kamloops | Jasper) - also operates in reverse
- Overnight allocated accommodation in Kamloops
- Custom-designed single-level dome coach with oversized glass-dome windows
- Delicious hot entrée options plated to your preference, meals served in the comfort of your seat
- Reclining, comfortable pre-assigned seating with ample leg room
- Complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages throughout journey with gourmet snacks
- Outdoor viewing between coaches
- Baggage delivery to your overnight hotel accommodation in Kamloops
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0635