A country of almost unparalleled diversity, Turkey is the epitome of that overused phrase 'east-meets-west'
Beach | City | History & culture | Small group
Your adventure begins in Istanbul, Turkey's cultural epicentre, where you'll discover a myriad of historical buildings in the city that served as the capital of the Byzantine, Roman and Ottoman Empires. From Istanbul, the next stop is Cappadocia with its lunar-like landscapes and fascinating troglodyte dwellings before you head to Antalya to spend a few well-earned days relaxing at Turkey's premier coastal resort.
Day by day itinerary
UK > Istanbul
Depart the UK for your flight to Istanbul, Turkey's vibrant and fascinating capital. Spend your days exploring the city's sights with your personal guide on various sightseeing tours. There's much to see and do in Istanbul including the famous Blue Mosque, the Grand Bazaar, Topkapi Palace as well as a host of museums and markets to explore. A cruise on the Bosphorus is a superb way to spend an evening and gives a great view of this visually impressive city.
Stay: 10 Karakoy, Istanbul
After breakfast, transfer from your hotel to the airport where you'll board a flight from Istanbul to Cappadocia. After some time to settle into your hotel, your tour guide will collect you from your hotel and you'll enjoy a full day small-group tour including a visit to the Devrent Valley to see the unique 'fairy chimneys' and Pashabagi to see the incredible mushroom shaped pinnacles. After lunch at Avanos you'll visit the ancient rock-cut churches and Christian settlements of the Göreme Open Air Museum and then finally heading to see the natural castle of Üçhisar.
Spend a further day exploring the area around Cappadocia including a visit to the Red Valley to explore the famous rock-cut churches as well as enjoying a 5km walk through the beautiful Gulludere Valley. You'll also have the chance to visit Cavusin with its famous houses and churches of the Christian clergymen. In the afyernoon, visit Pigeon Valley followed by the incredible underground city of Kaymakli - home to the early Christians - before finishing the day with a visit to the castle of Ortahisar.
Stay: Tas Konaklar, Cappadocia
You'll be driven to the beautiful seaside town of Antalya, stopping along the way to visit the town of Konya, home to the Mevlevi Order, better known as the Whirling Dervishes. On arrival, check into your hotel and spend the next few days relaxing on the beach and exploring the local region at your leisure.
Stay: Doganbey, Antalya
Antalya > UK
After a breakfast at the hotel, transfer to Antalya airport to take the flight back home either direct or via Istanbul to the UK
Any element of this itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
01 April - 31 October 2019
- Complimentary UK airport departure lounge access
- Return flights from UK to Istanbul and returning from Antalya (via Istanbul)
- Private arrival transfer
- 3 nights accommodation in Istanbul on a BB basis
- Private Guided Istanbul Old City tour
- Optional 30 minute Turkish Hamman experience including steam bath, peeling and soap massage
- Full day Guided tour of Istanbul's Mosques, museums and markets
- Optional shop, cook and feast like a local experience
- Departure transfer to Istanbul airport
- Istanbul to Kayseri flight
- Arrival transfer in Kayseri and transfer to Cappadocia
- 3 nights accommodation in Cappadocia on a BB basis
- Private guided tour of Cappadocia including Devrent Valley, Pasabagi and the Ichisar Rock-Castle
- Optional Whirling Dervish performance
- Full Day guided tour to the Rose Valley, Cavusin, Ortahisar Castle and the Kaymakli underground city
- Full Day guided tour to Mustafapasa, Keslik Monastery, Sahinefendi and Sognali Valley
- Optional Cappadocia Cooking class
- Departure transfer to Kayseri airport
- Kayseri to Antalya flight
- Arrival transfer in Antalya
- 4nts accommodation in Antalya on a BB basis
- Full Day tour to Perge, Aspendos and Antalya
- Departure transfer to Antalya airport
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0618