A contemporary take on rural idyll
Food & wine | Golf | Natural world | Spa
La Mancha – Don Quixote’s land of olive groves, vineyards and lonely windmills. And, the man himself would be perfectly at home at the Hotel La Caminera, a country retreat surrounded by sweeping views of the region’s iconic plains. It’s the setting for a menu of superb facilities. The rooms are elegant, the spa superb and the dining comes from a Michelin-star-winning chef.
In a nod to its location, the Hotel La Caminera mixes in plenty of rustic charm. The bright and fresh rooms, for instance, feature warm, wooden accents throughout, alongside the likes of L’Occitane toiletries, a media hub and Nespresso coffee machines. Upgrades also add gorgeous views over the surroundings, alongside suite living that comes with plush living areas and whirlpool baths.
The dining, too, is inspired by the hotel’s privileged setting, with fresh, local ingredients showcased throughout. For lighter bites, head to the plush lounge, where grilled anglerfish and lamb rablé are served up to panoramic views of the golf course. Then, wine-paired tasting menus are presented at Retama Restaurant, with the likes of flame-grilled mackerel and roasted suckling pig presented among a designer interior. It’s all overseen by Javier Aranda – the youngest ever chef to receive a Michelin star for each of his restaurants.
What’s more, once you’ve finished exploring the region’s castles, historic towns and national parks, you’ll be able to soothe any sightseeing aches at the hotel’s superb spa. Modelled after a Roman bath, there’s a full range of steam baths, saunas and thermal loungers, alongside a fantastic spread of treatments. Lastly, there’s a gorgeous par-72 golf course, alongside a paddle tennis court.
Stay here on these holidays
Any element of this accommodation can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
Free upgrade to a Elite Room: Save up to £165 pp.
Book by: 30 June 2019
from £580 pp. incl. flights
from £640 pp. incl. flights
- Free upgrade from Deluxe to Elite Room
- 2 complimentary green fees on the resort golf course
- Welcome cocktail and VIP treatment
- Complimentary UK airport departure lounge access
- Return flights between UK and Madrid
- 6 days car hire in an Economy vehicle (size upgrades available on request)
- 4 nights accommodation at La Caminera on a bed and breakfast basis
- 1 Retama Menu meal including five snacks, two starter, fish, two meat dishes, pre-dessert and dessert in Restaurante Retama with the menu by Javier Aranda - the youngest ever chef in the world to receive a Michelin star
- 1 Wine pairing option suggested by the hotel sommelier with the above meal
- Experience watching imperial eagles
- Traditional horse and carriage rides around the estate
- Outdoor yoga
- Discover the wines of La Mancha, their origins and production methods at local wine producers
- Master cooking classes
- Olive Oil spa
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7664 2264