A twin-city tour pairing Russia's urban icons
Find out more about our Flexibility Promise, available on all holidays booked by 31st July 2021, for travel up to 30th November 2021.
- Discover Moscow's grandeur in its world-renowned Kremlin and subterranean Stalinist treasures
- Swap politics for culture as you travel by train between Moscow to St Petersburg
- Browse the boutique's of Nevsky Prospect before tackling the 2.7 million artefacts of the Hermitage
- 3 Nights Moscow
- 4 Nights St Petersburg
Exploring iconic attractions including the Kremlin, the renowned Bolshoi Theatre and the vast expanse of the Hermitage Museum with its unsurpassed collection of historical treasures, this eight-day escorted tour lifts the lid on Russia’s two most celebrated cities – Moscow and St Petersburg. Along the way, you'll uncover everything from imposing neoclassical cathedrals and 18th citadels to Stalinist metro stations and museums containing masterpieces by Raphael and Rembrandt, all in the company of your expert guide.
Day by day itinerary
Fly from the UK to Russia’s capital and transfer to your city-centre hotel for a three-night stay. The next day you’ll join your guide for a walking tour of this majestic city whose staggering architectural treasures stretch all the way from its political foundations to its spectacular Stalinist metro stations, resplendent with intricate stone carvings and glittering chandeliers. Then, board a coach to explore more of the city’s cultural highlights including the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, Novodevichy Convent, the White House and Victory Park, a vast memorial complex built to celebrate Russia’s victory over Germany in World War II. The next day, you’ll be introduced to more city landmarks, from the onion domes of St Basil’s Cathedral and its Kremlin and Red Square neighbours to the fascinating Armoury Museum where an impressive array of historic costumes and arms are among a veritable treasure trove of exhibits.
Stay: Novotel Moscow Centre Hotel (Superior)
Transfer to Moscow’s Leningradsky rail station for your journey north to St Petersburg. Check into your hotel before two days of guided touring brings you to the Peter and Paul Fortress – an 18th century citadel – and on, via the main shopping street of Nevsky Prospect, to the neoclassical grandeur of St Isaac’s Cathedral and its Russian orthodox museum. The following day is given over entirely to the exploration of the city’s spectacular Hermitage. Housed in the winter palace of Catherine the Great, it’s home to 2.7 million artefacts including masterpieces by Leonardo Da Vinci, Raphael, Rodin, Rembrandt and Rubens.
Stay: Novotel St Petersburg City Centre Hotel (Superior)
After breakfast on day eight, you’ll transfer to the airport in time for your flight home.
Any element of this itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
from £1,415 pp. incl. flights
from £1,785 pp. incl. flights
Valid for travel: Selected dates throughout 2021
- Complimentary UK departure lounge access
- Return flights into Moscow and back from St Petersburg
- Return airport transfers
- 3 nights at Novotel Moscow Centre, Moscow
- 4 nights at Novotel St Petersburg Centre Hotel, St Petersburg
- Superior Double/Twin rooms with Bed and Breakfast
- Full sightseeing programme with English speaking guide, and entrance fees to Muzeon Park of Arts and Lenin's Mausoleum in Moscow, Peter & Paul Fortress, Church of Spilled Blood, Vodka museum & tastings, Catherine's Palace in St Petersburg
- Panoramic City tour of Moscow
- Panoramic City tour of St Petersburg
- Standard class "Sapsan" day train ticket from Moscow to St Petersburg
Optional tours (must be pre-booked):
- Tour of the Kremlin territory & Armoury chamber
- Tour of Metro Stations, with visit to Danilovsky Market
- Champagne breakfast at Hotel Metropol
- Tour of Bolshoi Theatre
- Tour of Hermitage Museum & General Staff Building
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0618