One of Europe's smallest countries but a land of contrasts and natural beauty
- Visit the beautiful UNESCO town of Kotor
- Venture north and visit the unspoilt, mountainous regions of the country
- Enjoy the contrast of the coast and interiors of Montenegro
- Join a cruise on Lake Skadar visiting the village of Vranjina and the Lesendro Fortress
- 3 Nights Žabljak
- 4 Nights Kotor
Beach | City | History & culture | Natural world | Relaxation
Wandering the historic old town of Kotor, swimming off gorgeous beaches in the clear waters of the Adriatic and visiting local vinters on the shores of the Balkans' largest lake are just some of the highlights of this Montenegro getaway. Discover why Lord Byron described the Montenegrin coastline as “the most beautiful encounter between land and sea” on this 8-day tailor-made tour of the alternative summer destination that is certainly hot right now.
Day by day itinerary
Fly to Tivat, where you’ll collect your hire car before heading for the mountain village of Zabljak for a relaxing stay. Allow at least four hours to get there as the road takes you through valleys and across mountain passes, a stunning medley of scenery. Despite the rugged surroundings, you will find every comfort at the modern and welcoming Hotel North Story is located in the centre of Žabljak, at 1450m above sea level, on the edge of the Durmitor national park with mountain views. From this base, you can enjoy explore the glacial lakes of Durmitor, raft the Tara canyon and enjoy the laid-back atmosphere of the Montenegrin interior.
Stay : Hotel North Story, Zabljak (Superior)
Skadar Lake National Park
After breakfast, you will head toward the coastal part of Montenegro, reaching Virpazar, a charming town located on Skadar Lake. Skadar Lake National Park sits amongst vineyards producing high quality grapes and wines and food is focused on fish from the lake, including locally caught trout. Join a boat tour to the village of Vranjina and the Lesendro fortess. You will sample traditional Montenegrin priganica with honey and cheese, and enjoy wonderful views over the mountains surrounding the lake and the waterlillies covering the lake surface. Back on dry land you will continue towards Koro via the Sozina tunnel, and arrive at your hotel in the suburbs of Kotor and check in for the next four nights.
You will then head back down the mountain to stay in the UNESCO protected town of Kotor for a complete contrast. One of the best preserved medieval cities in the Adriatic, Kotor is Montenegro’s answer to Croatia’s Dubrovnik, with grand Venetian mansions dominating the seafront and pretty stone churches hidden among the cobbled streets. Spend four nights at Hotel Forza Terre, a beautifully restored former merchant's house hidden away in Dobrota, a suburb of Kotor.
Stay : Hotel Forza Terra Boutique Hotel & Spa, Kotor (Superior)
After a relaxed final breakfast, your adventures through Montenegro come to an end. Return your car rental to Tivat airport in time for your onward flight.
Any element of this itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
from £1,235 pp. incl. flights
from £1,450 pp. incl. flights
Valid for travel: May to October
- Complimentary UK airport departure lounge access
- Return flights from UK to Tivat, Montenegro
- 8 days car hire in an economy vehicle - Skoda Fabia or similar
- 3 nights accommodation BB in a 4* hotel in Zabljak
- Skadar Lake boat cruise with light snacks - 2 hours
- Optional extras Zabljak - Guided Tour through Durmitor National Park and Lake Barno, Zminje and Black Lake / Buggy Car adventure / Visit to wine cellar in Sipcanik for wine tasting
- 4 nights accommodation BB in a 4* hotel in Kotor
- Private Kotor City Walking tour
- Optional extras Kotor - Boka Bay tour / Old Royal Montenegro tour
Car parking is available at your hotels in Zabljak and Kotor
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0618