Given the size and scale of the USA it isn't surprising that there are some exceptional beaches on both east and west coast, particularly in states such as California, Florida and Hawaii. The best beaches in North America include:
- Santa Monica in California is less of a circus than Venice Beach, where the focus is on the artists, performers and weightlifters on the boardwalk. Alternatives include Coronado Beach in San Diego, which is hundreds of metres wide.
- Miami Beach, Sanibel and Captiva and Saint Pete Beach in Florida provide the perfect antidote to the theme parks and commercialism nearby.
- Waimea beach on Oahu is Hawaii's premier surf beach and an iconic destination on which the world's top surfers measure themselves. Alternatives include Kailua Beach, Waikiki Beach and Ho'okipa Beach on Maui.
- Main Beach, East Hampton in New York has towering sand dunes, beautiful, clear water.
- Coast Guard beach in Massachusetts is tough to get to and the water never gets warm, but there are astonishing views and some exceptional sand to enjoy.
- Ocracoke Island and the Outer Banks off North Carolina is a remote hideaway with miles of uncrowded beaches and unspoiled dunes popular with people looking for top-class sea fishing, kayaking and sailing as well as wreck diving.
- Myrtle Beach in South Carolina is popular with families and people looking for a well-equipped beach with panoramic views.
These are just a handful of the options available though. Additionally, tailor-make your beach holiday in North America by adding a city break, excursion or tour to create a truly sensational escape; talk to a destination specialist to see what we can do for you.