There are so many excellent beaches in Asia that it's almost impossible to list a selection of the best. Whether you head to traditional Thailand beaches, hotspots such as Bali or Lombok in Indonesia or choose to explore emerging destinations such as Burma, Cambodia or Vietnam, you'll be spoilt for choice. The best beaches in Asia include:
- Long Island, Andaman Islands is a genuine castaway experience for intrepid travellers.
- Arambol Beach, India is a beautiful stretch of coast in Goa that remains empty and atmospheric.
- Seminyak, Bali is the hippest beach in Indonesia although there are plenty of alternatives if you'd like to escape the crowds.
- Emerald Bay, Pangkor Laut is Malaysia's prettiest beach, backed by towering rainforests and enclosed by rocky headlands.
- Bounty Beach, Malapascua is one of the Philippines finest although there is stiff competition amongst sun worshippers and divers across the thousands of idyllic islands in the archipelago.
- Maya Bay, Phi Phi Ley in Thailand starred as The Beach, although Bophut on Koh Samui is equally attractive and rather less busy.
- Long Beach, Phu Quoc in Vietnam offers mile after mile of deserted sand backed by forests and mountains.
These are just a handful of the options available though. Additionally, tailor-make your beach holiday in Asia and consider adding a wildlife holiday or city break to create a truly sensational escape; talk to a destination specialist to see what we can do for you.
Our top itineraries for Asia Beach holidays
In the company of your own driver guide you’ll explore the Dutch-colonial gems and stunning Indian Ocean beaches of Sri Lanka’s southwest corner.
This eight-day, seven-night trip on-board the Deccan Odyssey takes you to the iconic sites of Maharashtra state.
Top offers for Asia Beach holidays
– Save up to £205 pp
Book by: 19 October 2018
Discover the best of the Andaman Islands, with luxury stays in Port Blair – the laid-back capital – and on Havelock Island – home to some of the most beautiful, snow-white beaches and azure waters in the world.
– Save up to £110 pp
Book by: 25 October 2018
From sweeping tea plantations to UNESCO-listed treasures and the wildlife of the Yala National Park, spend two memorable weeks exploring the history, culture and beaches of this Indian Ocean gem, a land of smiles that's long made it a travellers' favourite.
Flight offer – Save up to £100 pp
Book by: 18 October 2018
Pair the cultural riches of Kuala Lumpur with a five-star stay on Malaysia's tropical east coast. Here, at your indulgent beachfront hotel, you'll relax with spa treatments and gourmet dining, all the while looking out to sweeping, palm-framed views of the South China Sea.