5-day journey to the remote Svalbard archipelago
- Discover the wild unspoilt beauty and fascinating culture of one of Scandinavia’s remotest and most beautiful regions
- Go snowmobiling through the frozen landscapes of Spitsbergen, Svalbard’s largest island
- Explore the eateries of Spitsbergen, where you’ll have the chance to try tasty local dishes including seal, reindeer and Arctic char
- 1 Night Oslo
- 3 Nights Longyearbyen
Activity adventure | Natural world | Short break | Winter
Day by day itinerary
Fly from the UK to Oslo, Norway’s charming capital. Check into the centrally located Thon Hotel Bristol, a characterful property located in the heart of the city, just minutes from the Royal Palace, the waterfront area of Aker Brygge and the main shopping street.
Stay: Thon Hotel Bristol (Superior)
Fly north to Longyearbyen, Svalbard’s largest town, located on the island of Spitsbergen, whose Arctic landscapes are some of Scandinavia’s most desolate and beautiful. You’ll spend three nights at the Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, one of the best in town, which offers a mix of traditional hotel rooms and serviced apartments, just a short way from Longyearbyen’s smattering of bars and restaurants. Over the next few days you’ll have the opportunity to head out on a series of optional excursions, which range from exhilarating husky safaris to more sedate activities like champagne tasting. We’ve even included a half-day snowmobile tour, one of the most exciting ways to explore the frozen wilderness.
Stay: Radisson Blu Polar, Longyearbyen (Superior)
Make your way to the airport, where you’ll board a flight to the UK via Oslo.
Any element of this itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
- Return flights to Longyearbyen via Oslo incl luggage and tax
- 1 night at the Thon Hotel Bristol
- 3 nights at the Radisson Blu in Longyearbyen on B&B basis
- 3-4 hour snowmobile safari (2 sharing 1 snowmobile)
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0637