Spend four festive days exploring one of Europe's most atmospheric Christmas markets
Our Flexibility Promise
With our Flexibility Promise, you can rest assured that, should you need to change your plans or cancel your holiday, we’ll offer you the most flexible terms available. Find out more here.
- Enjoy a half-day tour of Nuremberg's historic highlights
- Stay in a hotel right at the heart of the action
- Have a full free day to explore the city's famous Christmas markets
- Try traditional gingerbread and famously succulent Nuremberg sausages
- Get in the festive spirit with a few glasses of Glühwein
City | History & culture | Short break | Winter
Nuremberg's Christmas Market, or Christkindlesmarkt, on the picturesque Hauptmarkt Square in the city's beautiful old quarter, is one of Germany's largest, attracting almost two-million visitors each year and featuring around 200 stalls, selling an incredible array of festive ornaments, toys, arts and more. Spend four memorable days exploring the markets, as well as the many other sights of this historic south-German city with its spectacular medieval castle, narrow cobbled streets and the enticing smell of gingerbread wafting through the air.
Day by day itinerary
Arrive in Nuremberg
After your included airport lounge access, depart the UK for your flight to Nuremberg. On arrival at Nuremberg airport you will be met and transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day is free at leisure
Stay: Maritim Hotel Nuremberg
On your first full day in the city, you'll be treated to a three-hour walking tour of Nuremberg, visiting the old part of the city where the majority of the tourist attractions can be found. You then have a free day at leisure to explore the wonderful Christmas Market in Nuremberg. The Christkindlesmarket is the most famous of Germany's markets, with almost 400 years of history, the market draws more than 2 million visitors a year. Tuck into delicious sauerkraut and succulent Nuremberg sausages, try a freshly baked gingerbread and wash it all down with a Glühwein or two to keep you warm. Then, it's all about the shopping as you buy traditional souvenirs and handicrafts to take back home.
Stay: Maritim Hotel Nuremberg
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your flight to the UK.
Any element of this itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
- Return flights from UK to Nuremberg
- Return airport transfers
- 2 hour walking tour of Nuremberg, visiting the old part of the city
- Spend time at the Christkindlesmarket, Nuremberg's Christmas market, which is one of the most famous in Germany. With almost 400 years of history, the market draws more than 2 million visitors a year
- 3 nights accommodation at the Martim Nuremberg or similar on a B&B basis
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0618