Explore Ecuador & Galápagos, taking in awe-inspiring wildlife, historic Quito and the absorbing Mashpi Region
Our Flexibility Promise & British Airways Premium Cabin Sale
With our Flexibility Promise, you can change the date and/or destination of your Wexas holiday up to 35 days before departure, free of charge. Book by 31st December 2020 for travel completed by 31st August 2021. Also, don't miss the British Airways Premium Cabin Sale. Book by 3rd November.
- Explore rich biodiversity of the Andean cloud forest with a stay at Mashpi Lodge
- Compare its unique nature to that of the Galápagos, which you'll take in on a luxury cruise
- Hop between volcanic islands, looking out for giant tortoises, marine iguanas and blu-footed boobies
- Enjoy a luxury stay in Quito's UNESCO-listed city centre
- 2 Nights Quito
- 2 Nights Mashpi Lodge
- 1 Night Quito
- 6 Nights La Pinta Galápagos Cruise
- 1 Night Guayaquil
City | Expedition cruise | History & culture | Natural world | Wildlife
For many people a trip to the Galápagos is the trip of a lifetime: a rare chance to lie in the sun with resting iguanas and snorkel with curious sea lion pups. The wildlife, however – as good as it is – will look much the same to everyone who visits. What can really make a difference is the ship you choose to sail in. That's why we recommend this seven-night cruise aboard La Pinta, a 63m luxury yacht with 24 plush cabins, fore and aft observation decks, a sun deck, jacuzzi, glass-bottom boat, kayaks and excursions led daily by naturalist guides. The cruise is bookended by a night in Guayaquil at the end and two nights' at the start in Quito, where a guided tour will take you to the largest and best-preserved colonial old quarter in South America.
Day by day itinerary
Enjoy included airport lounge access before your overnight flight to Quito.
Upon arrival in Quito, take a private transfer to the Casa Gangotena hotel for a two-night stay. Spend the next day exploring Quito, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and historical jewel on a half-day city tour. Marvel at the beautiful colonial quarter of Ecuador's capital, the largest and best preserved in South America.
Stay: Casa Gangotena, Quito (Deluxe)
A shared transfer brings you to Mashpi Lodge, set in the spectacular Chocó Bio Region under three hours from Quito. Spend your time here exploringa cloud forest filled with hundreds of birds and butterfly species, plants, waterfalls and mountains. Be sure to stop at the archaeological site of Tulipe which was once the most important settlement of the Yumbo civilisation, at their mightiest during 800–1600 AD. During your two days here, you'll be able to take advantage of the excellent local guides and naturalists keen to help. From guided nature walks to indigenous communities and taking the aerial tram to enjoy the canopy, there is no shortage of ways to fully appreciate the Andean cloud forest.
Stay: Mashpi Lodge, Ecuador (Deluxe)
Meals: B L D
Return to Quito by shared transfer, taking the opportunity to further explore the city, or to simply relax before you head on to the Galápagos the next day.
Stay: Casa Gangotena, Quito (Deluxe)
Take a private transfer to the airport for your flight to the Galápagos. Embark on an eight-day expedition-style cruise on luxury Yacht La Pinta for an adventure filled with the wonderfully diverse wildlife and dramatic volcanic landscapes that make Galápagos one of the world's most exciting and unique destinations. Enjoy daily naturalist excursions led by expert naturalist guides to see an amazing array of fearless land and marine life including giant tortoises, blue and red footed boobies, marine iguanas, colonies of sea lions and frigate birds.
Stay: La Pinta Yacht (Deluxe)
Meals: B L D
Galápagos Islands to Guayaquil
After disembarking Yacht La Pinta, take a private transfer to the airport and fly back to the mainland city of Guayaquil, set on the banks of the Guayas River, for your final night in Ecuador. On arrival, you'll check in to the Hilton Colon before heading out on a half-day city tour to see Guayaquil's main attractions, including the vibrant waterfront area of Malecón and historic barrios such as Las Peñas.
Stay: Hilton Colon
Transfer to airport for your return overnight flight to the UK. Upon arrival, continue your journey home.
Any element of this itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
from £8,445 pp. incl. flights
from £8,735 pp. incl. flights
- Complimentary UK airport lounge access
- Return flights from London to Quito and from Guayaquil to London
- Domestic flights between Quito and Coca
- Domestic flights between Quito/Guayaquil and the Galápagos islands
- Private transfers in Quito and Guayaquil and shared transfers to/from Mashpi Lodge and in the Galápagos
- 4 nights accommodation in 5* hotels (Deluxe) on a B&B basis
- 2 nights accommodation in a 5* lodge (Deluxe) on a full-board basis
- 6 nights accommodation aboard the luxury La Pinta Yacht in a Luxury cabin on a full-board basis, with daily shared land and sea based excursions and tourist control card fee
- Private tour of 'Quito & Center of the World'
- Private scenic tour of Guayaquil
- Shared touring at Mashpi Lodge
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0692Meet the team