A four-day break at the Kirkenes Snow Hotel in the wilderness of northern Norway
- Spend an unforgettable night in one of the Kirkenes Snowhotel’s Snow Rooms, featuring frozen furniture and breathtaking ice sculptures
- Enjoy a raft of incredible touring options, including a Northern Lights by snowmobile tour, which we’ve included in the price
- End your stay at the Snowhotel with two nights in a Gamme Cabin, designed by Swiss architects in the style of a traditional hunting lodge
Activity adventure | Honeymoon | Ice hotels | Natural world | Northern Lights | Short break | Unique & unusual | Winter
This remote corner of Norway is also home to the world's most northerly ice hotel. Just entering its sixth season, Kirkenes Snowhotel has already featured in the top 25 of National Geographic Adventure's 'World's Best New Adventure Travel Trips" and will be your home for all three nights with one night spent in an Snow Room and the following two nights spent in the hotel's new, warm Gamme Cabins.
Along with your stay in one of the world's most unique hotels, you'll also have the chance to indulge in a range of exhilarating optional excursions during your stay, including king crab fishing, a snowmobile adventure and a husky safari to name just a few.
Day by day itinerary
Fly from London to Kirkenes via Oslo and transfer to the Kirkenes Snowhotel. Enjoy a welcome drink at the Ice Bar, followed by a delicious three-course dinner, served by a roaring fire. After dinner you'll have the chance to explore the Snowhotel, meet the resident reindeer and, with any luck, catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights. Then it's off to your Snow Room for an unforgettable night in one of the freshly sculpted boutique ice suites. You’ll be warm and cosy in your thermal clothing and sleeping bag as you drift off to sleep, surrounded by stunning frozen furniture and works of art.
Stay: Kirkenes Snowhotel (Superior)
Begin the day with a warming sauna before breakfast, then, check in to one of the Snowhotel’s Swiss-designed Gamme Cabin (Warm Room) for two nights. These stylish cabins include private facilities and large windows made of one-way glass, perfect for privacy and for viewing the Northern Lights, should they appear. The rest of your time here is free for optional excursions, which include fishing for king crabs in the icy waters of the Barents Sea. With few natural predators, these red king crabs can grow up to six feet wide and weigh up to 25 pounds. Other popular options include husky safaris, ice fishing and Northern Lights snowmobile tours, which we’ve included in the price.
Stay: Kirkenes Snowhotel (Superior)
Meals: B D
After breakfast, check out and transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
Any element of this itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
from £1,390 pp. incl. flights
from £1,775 pp. incl. flights
from £1,460 pp. incl. flights
Christmas & New Year
from £1,935 pp. incl. flights
- Return flights from London to Kirkenes (via Oslo) with SAS*
- Transfer from Kirkenes airport to Snow hotel
- 1 night in a snow room inc. welcome drink, 3-course dinner, tour of Snow Hotel and morning sauna
- Northern Lights by Snowmobile tour (2 sharing 1 snowmobile)
- 2 nights at Gamme cabins inc. breakfast and dinner daily and transfer from Snow hotel to Kirkenes airport.
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0637