Experience the best of the Channel Islands on this ideal introductory tour
Our Flexibility Promise
Book with condidence. Find out more about our Flexibility Promise, available on holidays booked by 31st October 2021.
- Explore the vibrant landscapes and gorgeous coastlines
- Step off the beaten track with stays in Sark and Herm
- Discover pretty villages and traditional pubs
- Enjoy scenic strolls through rolling countryside
- Stay in a traditional B&B in charming St Peter Port
- 3 Nights Guernsey
- 2 Nights Herm
- 2 Nights Sark
Natural world | Short break
The Channel Islands are closer to the northern coast of France than they are to the southern coast of England and this is reflected in a distinctly slower pace of life, which is perfectly reflected in this introductory itinerary. Experience the best of the region as you divide your time between the stunning rural scenery, mouth-watering seafood and 5,000-year history of Guernsey and the laidback, away-from-it-all charms of the two smallest islands, Herm and Sark.
Day by day itinerary
Travel by ferry from Poole to Guernsey. The journey may be short but the second largest of the Channel Islands feels a million miles apart from the hectic pace of 21st century life. Winding lanes reveal rolling pastures, tree-filled valleys dotted with traditional farmhouses, dramatic cliff views and glorious sandy beaches. St Peter Port, the island’s capital, is a bustling harbour town, a tapestry of architectural styles that tell the story of the region’s changing fortunes and give some indication of Guernsey’s 5,000-year history. Bistros, restaurants and boutiques jostle for your attention, while in the harbour, elegant yachts share the cooling sea breezes with working fishing boats. Spend three nights at the Duke of Richmond Hotel in St Peter Port, an ideal base from which to explore with a wonderful restaurant and friendly and efficient service.
Stay: Duke of Richmond, St Peter Port , Guernsey
Make the three-mile trip from Guernsey to Herm, a truly away-from-it-all island just a mile and a half long and half a mile wide. Enjoy unspoilt beaches, open countryside and wonderful views across to Sark and the French coast. Herm has one pub, one church, one farm, a couple of shops and one hotel, the excellent White House, where you’ll stay for two nights.
Stay: White House, Herm
End your week on Sark, an unplugged world peacefully bereft of traffic - save a few tractors - yet blessed with 40 miles of one of the most picturesque coastlines in the world. Sark is actually two islands, Great Sark and Little Sark, joined by a thin isthmus, La Coupee. Across them both, narrow lanes and high cliff paths give way to stunning views. Your base will be within the beautiful stone buildings and south-facing gardens of the Stocks Hotel.
Stay: Stocks Hotel, Sark
Any element of this itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
from £890 pp.
from £995 pp.
- Return ferry crossing between Poole and Guernsey (foot passenger)
- Return private transfers between Guernsey ferry terminal and Guernsey accommodation and Guernsey Quay
- 3 nights accommodation in Guernsey on a BB basis
- Ferry between Guernsey and Herm paid locally - approximately £8 per person one way
- 2 nights accommodation in Herm on a BB basis
- Ferry between Herm and Guernsey paid locally
- Return ferry between Guernsey and Sark
- 2 nights accommodation in Sark on a BB basis
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0618