Visit the ancient rainforests of Daintree and stunning Lizard Island on this tailor-made holiday
Our Flexibility Promise
Book with confidence. Find out more about our Flexibility Promise, available on holidays booked by 30th June 2022 for travel to 30th November 2022.
- Relax into the Queensland way of life with a few days to acclimatise in beach-side Palm Cove
- Immerse yourself amidst the ancient rainforest of the UNESCO World-Heritage Listed Daintree National Park
- Unwind on magnificent Lizard Island, a remote hideway on the Great Barrier Reef home to a plethora of underwater adventures
- 2 Nights Palm Cove QLD
- 3 Nights Daintree
- 5 Nights Lizard Island
Beach | City | Natural world | Relaxation | Self-drive | Wildlife
This itinerary combines white-sands relaxation on Palm Cove, a luxury retreat in the heart of the Daintree Rainforest and five unforgettable days on Lizard Island – the northernmost resort in the Great Barrier Reef. Throughout, you'll stay in some of Australia's most enticing accommodation, from private-island getaways to luxury treehouses and beach-side boutiques. Whether you're a keen scuba diver, a sun worshipper, a wildlife enthusiast or a culinary connoisseur, the sheer diversity of experiences on offer will satisfy even the most seasoned traveller.
Day by day itinerary
Start your holiday in style with included airport lounge access before your flight o Australia, landing in Cairns on day three.
On arrival in Cairns you'll pick up a hire car and make the scenic coastal drive along the Captain Cook Highway to Palm Cove. Here, on your doorstep, you’ll have both the treasures of the Great Barrier Reef and the surrounding rainforest – perfect for wildlife walks. Your hotel base is delightfully boutique, offering complimentary punch and canapés each night. Indeed, after a day's exploring with the free kayaks, bikes and fishing rods, you’ll be able to relax with your accommodation’s spa and direct beach access. In short, it’s a white-sands paradise, complete with swaying palms.
Stay: Peppers Beach Club & Spa Palm Cove (Superior)
Daintree National Park
It's just a short drive north to Daintree Eco Lodge, set on the banks of a river in the ancient rainforests of the Daintree National Park. Here, you'll stay in one of 15 eco-friendly bayans – treehouses immersed in the canopy – and enjoy amenities that include a swimming pool, an onsite waterfall and swimming hole, and the wonderful Daintree Wellness spa. You'll also enjoy a guided rainforest walk and a two-hour river cruise. Fine dining in the Rainforest Restaurant is another highlight, with a menu of organic, healthy dishes overlooking the lagoon.
Stay: Daintree Eco Lodge
Leaving the mainland behind you'll drive back to Cairns for your flight to Lizard Island in the northern Great Barrier Reef. The short but scenic flight takes just 60 minutes and gives you a birds eye view of the Great Barrier Reef and verdant rainforest of Cape Tribulation as it tumbles down to the sea. Lizard Island itself is the ultimate in understated luxury, ideal for divers looking to explore the best of the reef, but just as good for sun worshippers with no less than 24 secluded white sand beaches to choose from. Enjoy wonderful dining at Osprey's Restaurant or take a gourmet hamper to the beach to enjoy in between swims in the warm, turquoise waters of the Coral Sea. A multitude of activities are included in your stay.
Stay: Lizard Island, Great Barrier Reef (Ultra)
Meals: B L D
Depart for UK
After breakfast, board your scheduled flight back to Cairns for your onward flight home, arriving the next day.
Any element of this itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
from £5,620 pp. incl. flights
from £6,695 pp. incl. flights
- Complimentary UK airport lounge access
- Return international flights between London and Cairns
- Return flight between Cairns and Lizard Island
- 10 nights accommodation staying in 5* (Deluxe) hotels on a mix of B&B and all-inclusive*
- 6 days medium car hire with max cover
- *Lizard Island includes: Daily gourmet meals, unlimited non-alcoholic beverages& a fine selection of Australian & International wine, beer, basic spirits and sparkling wine, in-room mini bar restocked daily, deluxe picnic hampers for your own private beach outings & access to your own private motorised dinghy, stand up paddle boards, clearview sea kayaks and snorkelling gear for the duration of your stay
- Daintree eco lodge includes: stay in a canopy bayan, daily breakfast, 1.5 guided rainforest walk and 2 hour Daintree river cruise
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0634Meet the team