Discover the amazing wildlife of the Amazon and the Pantanal on this luxury holiday
- Take in the iconic sights of Rio de Janeiro
- Cruise the Amazon River in search of rare wildlife and remote tribes
- Look out for caiman and anacondas in the Pantanal wetlands
- End with the sheer power of Iguaçu Falls, straddling the Brazil–Argentina border
- 2 Nights Rio de Janeiro
- 1 Night Manaus
- 3 Nights Amazon Cruise
- 1 Night Cuiabá - Coxipó da Ponte
- 2 Nights Pantanal
- 2 Nights Iguaçu Falls
Activity adventure | City | Natural world | River cruise | Wildlife
Stretching from the Andes to the Atlantic, Brazil, the world's fifth largest country, contains most of the Amazon jungle, the mighty Iguaçu Falls and the largest wetland in the world, the Pantanal. Starting in the iconic city of Rio de Janeiro, this curated tour makes the most of these incredible natural wonders, with everything from expert-led tours to luxury river cruises bringing you up close to some of Brazil's most spectacular landscapes and wildlife on a truly unforgettable holiday.
Day by day itinerary
Depart the UK
Enjoy included airport lounge access as you start your holiday in style before an overnight flight to Rio de Janeiro.
Rio de Janeiro
Arrive in Rio de Janeiro, where you'll be met and transferred to your hotel for a two-night stay. On your second day enjoy a full-day tour to Sugar Loaf Mountain and Corcovado to see the famous statue, Christ the Redeemer. If you've time then head to the beaches of Ipanema and Copacabana, the bohemian area of Santa Teresa or enjoy a traditional brazilian feast at one of the many restaurants in the Lapa district of the city.
Stay: Porto Bay Rio Internacional (Superior) or Belmond Copacabana Palace (Deluxe)
After breakfast at your hotel, transfer to the airport for your flight north to Manaus, gateway to the Amazon Rainforest. On arrival you'll be met and transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure.
Stay: Blue Tree Premium Manaus - Superior Room (Superior) or Juma Opera (Deluxe)
Begin day four with a half-day tour of Manaus city before boarding the Amazon Clipper for a three-night cruise through the spectacular Brazilian rainforest. Over the next two days you’ll get to walk in the forest, visit local communities and isolated towns, fish for piranhas, swim, canoe and go searching for caiman.
Stay: Amazon Clipper (Superior & Deluxe)
Meals: B L D
The Meeting of the Waters
Navigate your way to a true natural phenomenon, ‘The Meeting of the Waters’, where the dark tributary of the Rio Negro meets the sand-coloured waters of the Rio Solimoes. Once back in Manaus, transfer to the airport for your flight to Cuiabá where you'll spend the night.
Stay: Deville Prime Cuiaba (Superior) or Gran Odara Hotel (Deluxe)
A vast area of rivers, marsh grasses and crystal-clear lakes, the Pantanal is a paradise for naturalists, home to 300 species of birds and scores of rare animals, such as jaguars, peccaries, bob-cats and capybaras. Based at Mutúm, enjoy guided excursions by foot, canoe, horse and boat.
Stay: Rio Mutum Lodge (Superior & Deluxe)
Meals: B L D
Fly to Iguazu for two days of pure wonderment amid its 200 or so falls (the number changes with the river’s outflow) and surrounding tropical jungle. Tour the Brazilian side of the falls and take a boat upstream to the base of the cascades. Guests travelling on our deluxe option will end the day with a visit to a nearby artisan market.
Stay: Recanto Cataratas Thermas Resort (Superior) or Belmond Hotel das Cataratas (Deluxe)
Tour the Argentine side of the falls before flying to São Paulo for your overnight flight home.
Any element of this itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
from £4,575 pp. incl. flights
from £4,860 pp. incl. flights
- Complimentary UK airport lounge access
- Return flights from the UK to Rio de Janeiro and from Sao Paulo to the UK
- Domestic flights from Rio to Manaus, Cuiaba, Iguassu and Sao Paulo
- Private transfers in Rio and Iguassu
- Shared transfers in Manaus and the Pantanal
- 5 nights accommodation in 4* (Superior) hotels on a B&B basis
- 3 nights accommodation in a 4* (Superior) lodgeon a full-board basis including shared excursions
- 3 nights aboard the Amazon Clipper on a full-board basis and including shared activities
- Private full day Corcovado & Sugar Loaf with BBQ lunch
- Private half day City Tour in Manaus
- Shared half day Macuco Safari and Brazilian Falls tour
- Private half day Argentine Falls tour
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0623Meet the team