Luxury beach holidays to Sri Lanka & India
India has a huge coastline and masses of beaches to choose from, yet they vary enormously in quality and popularity. Whilst household names such as Calangute and Baga in Goa or Marina in Chennai are still beautiful they are also busy. Other, less well-known beaches in India and the Indian Subcontinent include:
- Varkala beach, set on the Arabian Sea to the north of Kerala, is a more tranquil, undisturbed version of popular Kovalam.
- Marari in Kerala is undevelopped and frequently quiet, ideal for people easing back into india having explored the region's backwaters.
- Remote Gokarna close to Karnataka boasts four superb stretches of secluded sand.
- Palolem Beach in south Goa is a pretty, mile long semi-circle of sand backed by coconut palms that's popular with a diverse crowd.
- Arambol beach in Goa is quieter and avoids the crowds associated with other beaches in the area.
- Mahabalipuram in Tamil Nadu is the best of India's east coast beaches
- The Andaman Islands offer a genuine castaway experience, with the option to camp on Long Island
- Unawatuna on Sri Lanka has inspired poets and still moves people today.
These are just a handful of the options available though. Additionally, tailor-make your beach holiday on the Indian Subcontinent by adding a city break, history and culture tour or other excursion to create a sensational escape; talk to a destination specialist to see what we can do for you.
Our top itineraries for Indian Subcontinent Beach holidays
In the company of your own driver/guide, you’ll explore the Dutch-colonial gems and stunning Indian Ocean beaches of Sri Lanka’s southwest corner, taking in Colombo, Galle and Bentota.
Visiting Sri Lanka's most impressive ancient monuments and beautiful beaches in utter luxury, enjoying the services of a private driver throughout and staying in only the finest hotels. Think beach villas and palatial country manors.
Discover the best of the Andaman Islands, with luxury stays in Port Blair – the laid-back capital – and on Havelock Island – home to some of the most beautiful, snow-white beaches and azure waters in the world.