The wildlife bar is set high at Bahia Bustamante, a remote region of coastal desert canyons and pertrified forests often referred to as Argentina’s Galápagos. This extension package begins with three nights here and the chance to sight everything from nesting birds to elephant seals and orcas on excursions that include kayaking, hiking and 4WD tours. You’ll then head north to the deluxe Hotel Territorio in Puerto Madryn. Crossing the Patagonian steppe to Peninsula Valdés, look out for guanacos, ostriches and deer on your way to San Lorenzo where you’ll go in search of southern right whales (June to November) and see the breeding grounds of Magellanic penguins whose numbers total upwards of half a million.
This extension is suitable for…
Get a taste for tango in the 'Paris of South America' and gaze in awe at the advancing ice of the Perito Moreno Glacier and the thundering power of Iguazu Falls, before living life gaucho style with a stay in an estancia.
Explore the very best of Argentina’s north, from the wineries of Mendoza to the multi-hued mountains near Salta and the cascading beauty of Iguazú Falls.
Any element of this extension can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
from £2,845 pp. incl. flights
from £3,095 pp. incl. flights
- Private transfer from Comodoro Rivadavia airport to Bahia Bustamante hotel
- Private transfer from Bahia Bustamante hotel to Trelew hotel
- Private transfer from Trelew hotel to Trelew airport
- 3 nights accommodation in a 4* estancia on a B&B basis
- 2 nights accommodation in a 4* hotel on a B&B basis
- Selected excursions in Bahia Bustamante, private full-day Peninsula Valdes tour with San Lorenzo visit
- Shared whale watching boat trip (Apr-Dec only)
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0690Meet the team