Live the life of an Italian aristocrat
Gabriella Rasponi, Napoleon’s niece and the widow of the Senator of the Kingdom of Italy, first purchased the land across from the Quirinal Palace in the early 20th century. And, to this day, the villa overlooks the palace’s famous elevated gardens, often described as a ‘green island’ in the centre of Rome for its position on one of the city’s Seven Hills. As a result, you’ll also be just a seven-minute walk from a metro stop and Trevi Fountain while 13 minutes will see you to the Pantheon.
Elegant and refined, rooms are all furnished with antiques and original prints. Expect dark wood furnishings and beautifully patterned timber floors. You’ll enjoy idyllic garden views and luxurious marble bathrooms, complete with tub and extra large shower. Upgrade for a Prestige Deluxe room for the finest of embroidered linens and extra space. There’s also a range of suites on offer, featuring walk-in wardrobes, well-thought-out living spaces and even whole apartments. Our favourites are the Garden Suites for their private terrace, made that bit better by the complimentary minibar.
Given the hotel’s bijou size – there are only 14 bedrooms and suites – you won’t find a full restaurant here. That said, the breakfast is excellent. Fresh fruit, including locally sourced green figs, complement rounds of cold meats, cheeses and sweets. What better way to start your day than with some indulgent chocolate torte? There’s a range of hot options available as well. You’ll also be able to enjoy some light bites for lunch, including homemade gelato, sandwiches of freshly baked bread and a selection of salads that make full use of the Spalletti Trivelli family’s organic Pomario olive oil. For dinner, unsurprisingly, there’s an excellent range of restaurants nearby.
Under Countess Rasponi, President of the National Council of Italian Women, Villa Spalletti became something of a political and cultural meeting point. Influential figures, including Nobel Prize winners, would frequent its drawing rooms. The same atmosphere is fostered here today, not least in the superb roof terrace. Here, you’ll enjoy drinks from the complimentary bar – there’s a selection of fine spirits, wines and prosecco – along with Jacuzzi soaks. It’s all taken with spectacular city views
Any element of this accommodation can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
from £1,160 pp. incl. flights
from £1,570 pp. incl. flights
- Complimentary UK departure airport lounge access
- Return flights from UK to Rome
- Return airport transfers
- 3 nights accommodation in Superior Room at Villa Spalletti Trivelli on a BB basis
- Bottle of Spalletti Trivelli Pomario Vineyard wine on arrival
- Enjoy a full day trip to Pomario the Spalletti Trivelli Winery in Umbria. Nestled near Citta della Pieve, in the heart of Umbria, Pomario Farm's ancient olive groves and grapevines are testament to the property's historical agricultural past. Pomario now boasts over three hectares of Sangiovese, Trebbiano and Malvasia grapevines
- Tour of the winery, 4-course lunch and wine tasting (including Pomario's gold medal winning wines)
- Visit to the Brunello Cucinelli Cachemere Outlet
- Private tour to the Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel (closed on Sundays)
Day Trip To Spalletti Trivelli Winery.
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0796