Every destination has its best time to visit and there are often excellent reasons to travel somewhere at a specific time.
Take advantage of our expert knowledge and browse our month-by-month travel calendar for some suggestions for where to go at different times of the year, based on seasonality, special events and the best time to see and do certain things.
Equally, use the calendar if you're tied to travelling at a particualr time of year and would like some suggestions as to where in the world is best to be at that moment.
If you're inspired by something you read, follow the links to the country or experience description elsewhere on the site to see details of possible trips and itineraries. Alternatively, if you'd like to talk to a destination specialist in more detail or ask about another place entirely, give our team a call and let us help to get you away.
If you had to pick just a single trip to take each month, our specialists recommend:
- January: Watch wildlife in Chobe National Park, Botswana
- February: Stay in the Tree hotel and search for Northern Lights in Sweden
- March: Celebrate Holi in Jaipur, India
- April: Catch the cherry blossom in bloom in Kyoto, Japan
- May: Discover the culture and cuisine of Italy
- June: Track gorillas in Rwanda
- July: See bears fish for salmon in Alaska, USA
- August: Follow the Great Migration in the Masai Mara, Kenya
- September: Take the Trans-Siberian Rail journey across Russia
- October: Combine wine and whale watching in Hermanus, South Africa
- November: Tour the landscapes and cities of Vietnam
- December: Celebrate New Year's Eve in Sydney, Australia