Reporting To: Leisure Sales Team Leader and Head of Leisure Sales
Overall purpose of Position:
We are looking for an experienced sales consultant with a passion to sell luxury and experiential holidays, primarily to the USA, Canada and South America, although you will frequently deal with clients looking for holidays to a range of other destinations as well.
You will have excellent destination knowledge, either gained through living or working in the USA, Canada and/or South America, or through extensively travelling and selling of the region. With a proven track record in sales, ideally gained at a luxury or tailor made travel company, you will have high touch customer relationship skills needed to close sales and delight our clients.
- Use your destination knowledge and personal insight to design and convert to sale individual tailor-made itineraries to our clients
- Maximise every enquiry (whether phone call or email) with friendly and professional service and quickly identify good leads
- Offer the highest levels of customer service and be prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ throughout the sales and after-sales processes to ensure a high repeat ratio
- Use our preferred partners to offer high quality product and optimum return on sales and offer ancillary products as appropriate to enhance our clients’ journeys
- Confidently interact with clients by email, phone and occasionally face-to-face to build loyal relationships and repeat business
- Work closely with your Wexas product manager so you have first class product and region knowledge as expected by our clients
- Be a proud advocate for travelling with Wexas and confident to guide and recommend product that will exceed our clients’ expectations
- A proven track record in long-haul (ideally luxury or experiential) sales in the Americas region
- GDS experience, ideally Amadeus
- Commercially aware
- In-depth knowledge of Scandinavia and Europe regions
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
- Passion and enthusiasm for travel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, actively listening to and fulfilling clients’ needs
- Attention to detail
- Results orientated with personal motivation to deliver and exceed targets
- Strong time management and personal organisation skills
- Confident with clients and able to build trust and loyalty
How to apply
If you would like to consider joining us, please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Why do people choose to book with Wexas?
Wexas is one of the UK's most respected travel companies, specialising in luxury tailor-made travel to destinations across all seven continents. We’ve been involved with luxury travel since 1970 and are endorsed by 21 Honorary Presidents including Sir Ranulph Fiennes, John Simpson and Michael Palin. Whether your heart's already set on a particular place, or the world's your oyster, we hope that our itinerary ideas will give you all the inspiration you need to begin planning your perfect holiday.
"Wexas is the best with no doubt at all."
– Ranulph Fiennes, Honorary President
For more information on why people book with us, please visit here.
Among our past and present Honorary Presidents are Sir Ranulph Fiennes, Michael Palin, Katie Adie, John Simpson CBE and Professor David Bellamy OBE. You can view our full list here.