Puerto Rico is a land like no other-a captivating paradise that combines laid-back Caribbean culture with Spanish heart and American style. An enticing blend of sun drenched beaches and picturesque cities steeped in history, Puerto Rico 's culture, natural beauty and abundance of activities make it a winning Caribbean holiday destination throughout the year.
Puerto Rico also has something for everyone; relax on some of the best beaches in the world, or indulge in mouth-watering fusion foods, or if you are seeking adventure, try zip-lining over a high forest canopy or paddling through a glow-in-the-dark bioluminescent bay.
Home to over 300 flawless beaches, three of the world's seven bioluminescent bays, and some of the most welcoming locals you could ever hope to encounter, Puerto Rico is the place to see and be seen. Submerge yourself in its relaxed Caribbean vibe and explore the country's cosmopolitan nightlife, famous for its achingly cool salsa bars and clubs.
Puerto Rico is the ideal choice for town and country or fly and drive. Combine the traditional Spanish charm of Viejo San Juan with the laid back luxury of the beautiful island of Vieques or travel to the Cordillera Central Mountain Range, where the temperatures are consistently cooler than the rest of the island, making it the ideal place to glimpse some of the countries wildlife and experience once-in-a-lifetime adventure activities or alfresco dining among the treetops.
Top Ten Puerto Rico Experiences
1. Go on a walking tour of Viejo San Juan
2. Visit El Yunque Rainforest
3. Kayak in one of Puerto Rico's three Bio-Bays
4. Learn to Salsa with locals
5. Visit coffee plantations
6. Taste mofongo (crushed plantain; a Puerto Rican delicacy)
7. Drink a piña colada (it was invented in Puerto Rico!)
8. Shop til you drop - Puerto Rico sells all top US brands at a lower VAT rate
9. Conquer La Bestia, one of the longest zip lines in the world, where you soar head first
10. Visit the Camuy Caves