The Caribbean is synonymous with beach holidays and there are exceptional examples of pure white sand and crystal clear waters throughout the region, meaning that wherever you touch down, you'll be able to find a space on which to kick off your shoes and throw down a towel. The best beaches in the Caribbean include:
- Dickenson Bay in Antigua and Barbuda is a long, wide stretch of gently shelving sand that's readily accessible.
- Pink Sands in the Bahamas blushes in the setting sun, making it extraordinarily beautiful. Safe snorkelling and sheltered swimming are bonuses.
- Mullins Beach in Barbados has all the elements for a great day by the sea.
- Warwick Long Bay in Bermuda is more secluded than neighbouring Elbow Beach or Horseshoe Bay and better for it.
- Smuggler's Cove on Tortola island in the British Virgin Islands is just one of the great sand stretches here.
- Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman may not actually be that long but this enormous crescent is still the Cayman Island's finest.
- Varadero on Cuba is one of the largest and most spectacular expanses of sand in the Caribbean.
- Playa Bonita in the Dominican Republic has quiet, palm-fringed spaces to unwind in.
- Grand Anse beach in Grenada is a large, picture postcard perfect playground.
- Boston Bay Beach in Jamaica is quieter than Montego Bay and has a laidback atmosphere popular with surfers.
- St Jean is St Barts chicest place to see and be seen.
- Anse Cochon on St Lucia is a strand of perfect sand backed by palms and the islands dramatic interior.
- Englishman's Bay in Trinidad and Tobago is the jewel in the crown here with rainforests easing onto soft sands.
These are just a handful of the options available though. Additionally, tailor-make your beach holiday in the Caribbean by adding a cruise or tour to create a truly sensational escape; talk to a destination specialist to see what we can do for you.