The islands of the Pacific, including the Cook Islands, Fiji and French Polynesia, along with Australia and New Zealand boast some outstanding beaches, with superb watersports and opportunities for diving, especially on the Great Barrier Reef. The best beaches in Australasia include:
- Whitehaven beach, the Whitsundays are Australia's stand out swathes of sand although there is enormous competition all around the country. Nonetheless the beaches of the 74 islands scattered amidst the Great Barrier Reef take some beating.
- Tapuaetai in the Cook Islands is a tiny atoll surrounded by warm, fish-filled waters.
- Tikehau, Rangiroa in French Polynesia was once declared the richest atoll on Earth by Jacques Cousteau and remains a favourite with divers.
- Yasawa Island in Fiji has a long stretch of empty sand to discover.
- Abel Tasman National Park boasts some of the best beaches in New Zealand, pinched between the bush and the warm waters offshore.
- Wineglass Bay in Tasmania's Freycinet National Park is tough to reach on foot by great to sail to, meaning that you'll have the place to yourself.
These are just a handful of the options available though. Additionally, tailor-make your beach holiday in Australasia and the Pacific by adding a wildlife holiday or city break to create a truly sensational escape; talk to a destination specialist to see what we can do for you.
Popular destinations for Australasia and Pacific Beach holidays
Our top itineraries for Australasia and Pacific Beach holidays
Pair an epic road trip with hikes through awe-inspiring landscapes on this tailor-made self-drive that will see you discover Australia's hidden gem – Tasmania, from spotting the famous Devil to scrambling up snow-capped mountains.
This 21-day tailor-made itinerary combines the best that Australia and New Zealand have to offer. You'll explore New Zealand's world-famous glaciers and remote fjords with a self-drive before discovering Australia's sacred Ayers Rock, stunning beaches and delightful waterside cities.
Take to the open road as you explore the Idyllic New South Wales coast and the spectacular Blue Mountains, between luxury stays in central Sydney and ultra-trendy Double Bay.