The islands of the Pacific, including the Cook Islands, Fiji and French Polynesia, along with Australia and New Zealand boast some outstanding beaches, with superb watersports and opportunities for diving, especially on the Great Barrier Reef. The best beaches in Australasia include:
- Whitehaven beach, the Whitsundays are Australia's stand out swathes of sand although there is enormous competition all around the country. Nonetheless the beaches of the 74 islands scattered amidst the Great Barrier Reef take some beating.
- Tapuaetai in the Cook Islands is a tiny atoll surrounded by warm, fish-filled waters.
- Tikehau, Rangiroa in French Polynesia was once declared the richest atoll on Earth by Jacques Cousteau and remains a favourite with divers.
- Yasawa Island in Fiji has a long stretch of empty sand to discover.
- Abel Tasman National Park boasts some of the best beaches in New Zealand, pinched between the bush and the warm waters offshore.
- Wineglass Bay in Tasmania's Freycinet National Park is tough to reach on foot by great to sail to, meaning that you'll have the place to yourself.
These are just a handful of the options available though. Additionally, tailor-make your beach holiday in Australasia and the Pacific by adding a wildlife holiday or city break to create a truly sensational escape; talk to a destination specialist to see what we can do for you.
Popular destinations for Australasia and Pacific Beach holidays
Our top itineraries for Australasia and Pacific Beach holidays
Either side of this all-inclusive rail journey through the Outback, you’ll sample the wines of the Barossa Valley and enjoy a luxury safari in the wilds of Australia's Top End.
In between beachfront stays, this itinerary will see you explore the wilds of the Daintree Rainforest before enjoying a small-boat cruise on the Great Barrier Reef.
Get up close and personal with wildlife, enjoy private views of Uluru, wander deserted beaches and indulge in exquisite food and wine with Luxury Lodges of Australia.
Top offers for Australasia and Pacific Beach holidays
Flight offer – Save up to £260 pp
Book by: 31 January 2018
Explore the delights of New South Wales before spending time in Australia’s cultural heart – the Red Centre. Finish your trip with a beach stay in tropical north Queensland.