- Take advantage of free flights and transfers plus additional savings on selected departures
- Enjoy unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Explore with included immersive tours in every destination
- Enjoy personalised service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- 1 Night Budapest
- 1 Night Bratislava
- 1 Night Vienna
- 1 Night Melk
- 1 Night Passau
- 1 Night Regensburg
- 2 Nights Nuremberg
Food & wine | History & culture | River cruise
Discover a wealth of art, history and cultural treasures as you cruise to some of Europe’s most famous destinations. From Budapest, journey to Vienna, Passau and the 2,000-year-old town of Regensburg, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Along the way, visit magnificent cathedrals and Baroque abbeys, sample Vienna’s sinfully rich sachertorte cake, experience the breathtaking scenery of the Wachau Valley winemaking region and traverse Europe’s Continental Divide.
Day by day itinerary
Fly to Budapest where you will be met and transferred to the river side to embark your ship. During the evening, be treated to a special Illuminations cruise past Budapest’s famed Parliament building.
Host to the crowning ceremonies of 11 Hungarian kings and queens between 1536 and 1830, Bratislava certainly has earned the title “Coronation City of Kings,” as you’ll discover during your walking tour. Or join a special “Tastes of Slovakia” tour. For a more active adventure, hike up to Bratislava Castle, offering magnificent views of the city.
Meals: B L D
The “City of Waltzes” offers a treasure trove of gems and your city tour showcases its regal splendors, including the majestic Opera House and the former Imperial Palace of the Habsburgs. Conclude your tour in Vienna’s historic city center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and then visit St. Stephen’s Cathedral. For a more active exploration of the area, take a guided bike ride. During the afternoon, enjoy leisure time exploring this iconic city even more.
Meals: B L D
Dürnstein & Melk
After reaching the Wachau Valley in the morning, you’ll have a choice of three excursions in Dürnstein. Partake in a walking tour along cobblestone streets to the luminous blue facade of the Baroque Stiftskirche, its famed church tower, before enjoying a wine tasting in a local cellar. For a beautiful view of the Wachau Valley, hike up to the fortress where Richard the Lionheart was once held. Alternatively, visit a local boutique, where you’ll be treated to the region’s finest apricot products. After your morning excursions, you have a choice to cruise through the Wachau Valley to Melk or join a bike tour along the Danube. Upon reaching Melk, take a tour of the UNESCO-designated Melk Abbey.
Meals: B L D
Enjoy a scenic morning sailing to the medieval city of Passau. Join a walking tour through this 2,000-year-old city, noted for its Gothic and Italian Baroque architecture and St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Guests looking for a more active morning can choose between a guided bike tour along the Danube, or a guided hike up to the Veste Oberhaus Fortress overlooking Passau.
Meals: B L D
Explore Regensburg, one of Germany’s best preserved medieval cities and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, on a guided walking tour showcasing the city’s architectural highlights, including the Old Town Hall and the Porta Praetoria, gates to an ancient Roman fort built in 179 A.D. As an alternate option, sample some of Bavaria’s specialties— beer, sausage and pretzels; or bike to Walhalla where you'll see the neo-Classical white marble temple inspired by the Parthenon in Athens.
Meals: B L D
Enjoy a scenic morning cruise as the ship crosses the Continental Divide via the Main-Danube Canal to Nuremberg. Explore the medieval city center with a tour that showcases the Imperial Castle and the famous town wall, as well as Albrecht Dürer’s home and Market Square with its legendary fountain. Or you can take a guided tour of the city’s WWII history, including a visit to the infamous Zeppelin Field, a museum built on the site of former Nazi rallies and the site of the Nuremberg Trials when not in session. Alternatively, savor traditional Franconian specialties by sampling famously delicious Nuremburger Bratwurst, Rot bier (red beer) and Lebkuchen (gingerbread).
Stay overnight on board and disembark the following day after breakfast, taking your included shared transfer to the airport for your flight to the UK
Meals: B L D
Any element of this cruise can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
8-day river cruise from £2,390 pp incl. flights
Free flights & transfers plus save up to £375pp
Book by: 30 April 2021
Free flights from the UK, free transfers and additional savings on selected departure dates in 2021 and 2022
- Return flights and transfers
- 7 nights cruise in an outside stateroom aboard AmaSonata, AmaVerde, AmaViola or AmaLea depending on departure date
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment on Demand system featuring, movies, TV shows, news and music
- Mini-fridge, desk and sitting area with bottled water replenished daily
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck pool with swim-up bar and walking track
- Fitness room
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- The Chef’s Table specialty restaurant
- Captain’s Welcome Cocktail and Dinner
- La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Daily Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Bike tours and hikes
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0615Meet the team