The Wexas Travel Foundation is a registered charity and a non-profit division of Wexas designed to raise money for two deserving charities: Africa Foundation and Cool Earth.
Africa Foundation works in partnership with luxury safari operator &Beyond to empower and develop rural communities in East and Southern Africa. Its focus is on education, healthcare and income generation.
Cool Earth is a UK-based environmental charity working to protect endangered rainforest in a bid to combat global warming, protect ecosystems and provide sustainable jobs for local people.
We are all becoming increasingly conscious of our environmental and social responsibilities.
As a travel company we strongly believe in using our position to support organisations such as these – organisations at the forefront of social and environmental change.
What are our immediate aims?
- Africa Foundation: to raise £11,000 to build a classroom in an under-resourced school in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Read more
- Cool Earth: to raise £11,000 to sponsor and protect 150 acres of endangered rainforest in Ecuador and Brazil. Read more
How are we raising money?
- Donations from Wexas members
A £2 donation is automatically added to each travel booking made through Wexas. This is of course voluntary and members can opt out of the donation by advising their consultant at the time of booking. Additional donations are always welcome and can be made swiftly and securely via our links to JustGiving.
- Fundraising by Wexas staff
The staff at Wexas organise regular fundraising initiatives. These have included raffles, charity collections, selling homemade cakes and curries and physical challenges – such as the Three Peaks Challenge, an assault on the South West Coast Path and cycling across Britain from coast to coast.
- Company donations
Wexas covers all administration costs, ensuring that all donations go towards helping those that need it. The company also offered financial support to staff fundraising activities, covering the cost of fuel and transport on the Three Peaks Challenge, the South West Coast Path and the C2C cycle expeditions.
How much have we raised so far?
As of May 2012, The Wexas Travel Foundation has raised £22,754. The Foundation was launched in September 2007.
How can you make a donation?
- By far the easiest way to make a single or monthly donation is online using JustGiving, the UK's leading online fundraising website. Learn more about donating through JustGiving or make a donation here.
- Tell a consultant how much you would like to donate at the time of your next travel booking.
- Send a cheque, made payable to ‘The Wexas Travel Foundation', to:
The Wexas Travel Foundation
How can you raise money on our behalf?
It's really easy for you to raise money for us by creating an online fundraising page on JustGiving. It takes just a few minutes and you can collect donations for any sponsored event or appeal.
Learn more about creating a JustGiving fundraising page or start building your page immediately by clicking below.
Wexas, Africa Foundation, Cool Earth and the many people in Africa and South America benefiting from your donation would like to thank you for your support.