6 July 2012 by Luke McCormick
Tourism Thailand has just launched its first mobile travel app, now available in the App Store and Android Market. If you are a savvy traveller who loves to have all the latest information and offers at your fingertips then this could be the perfect app for you.
The ‘Lifestyle Thailand' app comes loaded with itinerary ideas, planning tools, a share function for Facebook & Twitter and Google Maps to make navigating around Thailand super easy.
Designed and created for international and local tourists, the app can now be downloaded free of charge on the App Store or Android Market.
The application also highlights discounts in selected restaurants and tourist attractions, all carefully selected for their unique character and qualities.
The ‘Lifestyle Thailand' mobile application features eight travel categories, comprising ‘Chic', ‘Romantic', ‘Breezy', ‘Thainess', ‘Adventure', ‘Wellness', ‘Easy n' Slow' and ‘Family'.
Users can also create trips and search routes via Google Maps and use interactive maps to share tourism information through social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
- The Chic option is designed for trendy generation in search for shopping experiences, nightlife activities and personalized services such as personal fashion stylists, hands-free shopping, private limousines and jets.
- The Romantic selection lists perfect destinations for couples.
- Beach lovers should check out the Breezy section.
- Adventure seekers will love the ideas found in the Adventure collection.
- The health conscious tourists can opt for the Wellness range.
- Devotees of Thai traditions can visit the Thainess section.
- The Easy n' Slow is a perfect fit for travellers looking for a quiet place amid the lush nature of Thailand.
- A wide range of family-orientated activities and locations are listed generously in the Family section.
The "Lifestyle Thailand" application will be updated on a monthly basis with information of selected tourism products and ‘things to do' lists, as well as hot deals and discounts.
Users can get discounts and hot deals by showing the application to participating hotels, resorts, restaurants, shopping malls and attractions.