Wexas travel insurance offers genuine peace of mind while you're travelling. Drawing on over 50 years' experience, we've designed a policy that offers extensive cover, along with a range of optional add-ons that includes winter sports, cruises and business trips. Our policy includes Covid-19 cover, enhanced cover for travel disruption and even scheduled airline failure insurance, something excluded from many travel policies.
If you travel more than once a year, our annual multi-trip policy options may save you money. Annual policies offer the same extensive protection for any number of trips in a 12-month period, as well as convenience. We’ll even remind you when your renewal is due.
For an annual multi-trip or single trip insurance quotation, or to purchase an insurance policy online, simply complete our quick form to be covered.
Reasons to use Wexas travel insurance:
- 50 years' experience from the people who invented annual multi-trip travel insurance
- Cover available up to and including the age of 85 for both single trip and annual multi-trip policies
- Enhanced cover offering up to £2,000 for personal effects
- Emergency medical expenses up to £10 million
- Cover for travel disruption and scheduled airline failure insurance
- Automatic cover for many recreational sports including scuba diving, horse riding and trekking
- Wide range of optional add-ons, now including gadget cover
- 14-day cooling-off period
Covid-19 cover now available
We are now pleased to be able to offer a new policy which provides cancellation cover related to the Covid-19 pandemic. Details as follows:
- Cancellation due to Covid-19 is now included as standard
- Denied boarding cover is available for a supplement
- Medical and repatriation cover were and continue to be covered in country, provided there is no adverse Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice
Please note, there is no cover available when travelling against FCDO advice. Cover is subject to the terms and conditions laid out in the policy wording.
Single trip insurance
- Single trip cover available up to and including the age of 85 for Europe and worldwide
- Family and single parent family policy options
- Optional cover available for winters sports, business, cruises, golf and weddings
- Optional excess waiver
- 15% discount if you purchase your insurance within 21 days of your trip departure
- Single trip insurance starts from just £17.26
- Annual multi-trip insurance available up to and including the age of 74
- Choose from Europe or worldwide cover
- Three options offering maximum durations of 31, 60 and 92 days per trip
- Optional cover available for business, cruises, golf, weddings and winter sports
- Annual insurance starts from just £90 per person and from £130 per family
Annual Multi-trip Insurance: Extensions & discounts
Extra cancellation cover: £93 per £1,000 (up to max £10,000)
Single Trip Insurance: Extensions & discounts
Excess waiver: £11.50 per person
Extra cancellation cover: £49 per £1,000 (up to max £10,000)
Late purchase discount: 15% if bought within 21 days of departure
Family* premium: 250% of adult premium
Single-parent family** premium: 150% of adult premium
* Family definition: the insured, and where applicable his/her married spouse, or cohabiting couples (including same-sex couples in a civil partnership) and all dependent children (including adopted and step-children) aged under 19 years (or aged under 21 years if in full-time education) living in the same household.
** Single-parent family definition: One adult plus any number of their dependent children aged under 19 years or aged under 21 years if in full-time education and living in the same household.
Summary of cover
Please note these are the maximum benefits payable under each section. An excess of between £80 and £115 applies to most sections; excess waiver available on single trip policies. Full policy wording is available on request.
Your policy includes many recreational sports at no extra charge, including scuba diving up to a depth of 30m, horse riding and trekking at altitudes of under 2,000m. Additional cover is available for most hazardous sports for a supplement – please contact us for a quotation.
Who is eligible?
Wexas travel insurance policies are available to any permanent resident of the UK or Channel Islands. We can also arrange travel insurance policies for residents of other countries, outside the UK. Talk to one of our specialists for more information.
Our insurance policy contains health restrictions that apply to the cover provided under the cancellation, curtailment, medical and personal accident sections of the policy. If you make a claim relating to a defined pre-existing medical condition that has not been declared and has not been agreed by the medical screening Health Check in writing, your claim may be reduced or declined. In order to ensure that you’re adequately insured, you must declare all pre-existing medical conditions for yourself and anyone insured on the policy.
If you’re unsure as to what to declare, we recommend you call us on 01702 427274 and you’ll be advised if your condition can be covered by this insurance policy and any additional terms or premiums that may apply
Please note that we cannot guarantee to be able to offer cover for all conditions. However, if the terms made available to you are unacceptable, you’ll be able to cancel this policy and obtain a full refund, provided you’ve not already travelled or made a claim. This is also on the proviso that you contact us within 14 days of the policy issue date, or within seven days of the change in your circumstances if you’re declaring a new condition that has arisen after you purchased your policy but before you start your outward journey.
Please read the insurance terms carefully to ensure you understand the cover provided, which is offered on a non advised basis from a single insurer. The policy includes certain terms, conditions, exclusions and excesses. In particular, cover is excluded for any defined pre-existing medical condition from which you or any person upon whom travel depends are suffering.
If in doubt please contact us on 01702 427274, as additional cover may be purchased for certain pre-existing medical conditions.
The policy contains a 14-day cooling off period and details of how to make a claim and who to contact in the event of a medical emergency. All premiums shown are valid for policies issued up to 31/01/2021 and are inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax (currently 20%).
Wexas Travel registered address
Dorset House, 27–45 Stamford Street, London SE1 9NT.Wexas is an appointed representative of Campbell Irvine Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA Register Number 306242). You can check this on the FCA's register by visiting www.fca.org.uk or by calling 0800 111 6768.
Alternatively, to apply for travel insurance, call the Wexas Travel Insurance Desk on 01702 427274