About the vacancy:
As Leisure Operations Team Leader, you will be responsible for ensuring all our client documentation is complete, accurate and of a high quality reflecting our brands’ positioning as tailor-made and luxury tour operators. You will oversee the loading and maintenance of Travelink (reservation system) content in support of the sales team; ensure client documentation is accurate and despatched on-time, well in advance of travel date; authorise leisure travel bookings and issue/reissue Leisure flight tickets. You will also liaise with Head of IT and Operations regarding distribution of work within the team and staffing levels.
Wexas was established in 1970 and owns four luxury leisure travel brands: Wexas Travel, Best Served Scandinavia, The Luxury Cruise Company and The Luxury Holiday Company.
We are based just off South Bank and have approximately 100 people in our London office, and another office in Bournemouth that comprises some of the Wexas Travel Management team. We are an independent company and foster a dynamic working environment. We were the first travel company in the UK to be Investors in People accredited and still hold this accreditation 20 years later.
We are endorsed by 19 honorary presidents, including Sir Ranulph Fiennes, John Simpson and Michael Palin.
Key Responsibilities & Objectives:
- Supervising our Operations team to make sure all bookings are authorised the day of confirmation and final documents are despatched 3-4 weeks prior to departure date
- Liaising with our Marketing team to coordinate the loading of all products (including hotels, transfers, tours, cruises etc.), information, images and other text into our Travelink database
- Ensuring all product is loaded in a timely manner by the Operations team
- Coordinating the loading of direct-contract rates for selected products such as hotels and transfers, to allow sales consultants to quote prices from Travelink
- Supporting and assisting with Travelink product and Amadeus related queries from sales consultants
- Continuously improving current processes to increase quote loading times and accuracy
- Authorising bookings and identifying loading & PNR errors
- Checking fares and issuing tickets during the authorisation process
- Issuing certain tickets at deadline and managing last date ticket reports to ensure none are missed
- Reissuing and revalidating tickets, as and when necessary
- Ensuring the correct conditions and bonding notifications are loaded on each booking
- Thorough quality checking and dispatching of client documentation
- Travelink database management
- Revenue enhancement through fare analysis and rebooking, where possible
- Other ad hoc administrative and supporting tasks may be required within the role including around Amadeus scripting and fare management
- Testing new system builds and versions
Professional & Technical Competencies:
- Good working knowledge of Amadeus
- Some previous knowledge of Travelink preferred
- Knowledge of hotel industry & hotel rate structure
- Knowledge of wider travel industry
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Comfortable with testing and using complex systems
- Resourceful and able to work on own initiative to find solutions
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Committed to deliver a high standard of service
- Able to prioritise and works well under pressure
- Ability to inspire and lead others
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send an email to [email protected] with a copy of your CV and a short covering letter. Wexas is an equal opportunities employer. Deadline is 25th April.