4 December 2012 by Luke McCormick
Qantas has unveiled a new Qantas Club lounge at Gold Coast Airport in a bid to improve services for business and premium travellers in the region.
Located in the Gold Coast Domestic Airport, the Qantas Club has space for 125 passengers to relax, refresh and work prior to their flight.
The opening of the lounge complements a new three-times daily return service between the Gold Coast and Sydney using a Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
Qantas Domestic Chief Executive Officer Lyell Strambi said: "The opening of the Gold Coast Qantas Club is another step in the Qantas Group's commitment [to the] south-east Queensland region.
"We fast tracked the construction of the new lounge so that Qantas customers could take advantage of the new facility ahead of Christmas and the peak travel season. The lounge has been modelled on Qantas' network of 34 premium lounges around Australia, which have been refined and improved over time through customer feedback.
"Since commencing direct daily flights to the Gold Coast, we have installed Faster, Smarter Check-In kiosks, the Qantas Club and Business passengers can access an express security lane at Gold Coast Airport."
The Qantas Club lounge features:
- Luxury lounge seating in a comfortable and contemporary space
- Full buffet menu and refreshments including a barista service, premium beer and wine
- Business facilities including Apple iMac computers, high speed WiFi, PC and printer
- Dedicated meeting room and shower facilities
- Dedicated Family Zone featuring activities including Apple iMacs, Sony Playstation and Hinkler books