Compare Québec’s rich European heritage with its spectacular natural world
- Take in Montréal's old town on an expert-led walking tour
- Swap city slicking for country living and a stay at Auberge Lac-à-L’Eau-Claire
- Look out for black bears and beavers from specially build hides
- Enjoy self-guided hikes, kayak paddles and optional fishing trips
- Return each day to gourmet dining, a sauna and spa
- 2 Nights Montreal
- 3 Nights Lac à l'Eau Claire
Activity adventure | History & culture | Wildlife
Beginning in Montréal, this weeklong holiday combines Québec’s unique French heritage with a stay in some of Canada’s most spectacular wilderness. You’ll kick things off with a stay in Vieux Montréal, the historic heart of the province’s largest city. With an expert-led walking tour included in the price, you’ll be introduced to everything from century-old markets to grand, Gothic Revival cathedrals. You’ll then be whisked off into the Québec countryside for three days of adventure and relaxation at Auberge Lac-à-L’Eau-Claire. Here, between wilderness walks and fishing forays, you’ll go in search of the region’s headline-grabbing wildlife, most notably beavers and black bears.
Day by day itinerary
Begin your holiday in relaxing style with included airport lounge access before your daytime flight to Montréal, checking in on arrival to your stylish, all-suite hotel, ideally tucked away amid the cobblestones of the old city. Indeed, you’ll be perfectly poised to enjoy the next day’s included walking tour, which will introduce you to such historic highlights as the 19th-century City Hall, imposing Notre Dame Basilica and the lively Bonsecours Market.
Stay: Le Saint Sulpice (Superior)
Leaving the city far behind, you’ll head out into the Québec wilderness for three memorable days at Auberge Lac-à-L’Eau-Claire, a hotel framed by some 25,000 hectares of forested hills and sparkling lakes. And, between optional fishing trips, nature hikes and kayak paddles, you’ll head out to purpose-built viewing points, watching bears and beavers amid the lupines and laurel trees. Then, at day’s end, you’ll head back to the hotel for gourmet seasonal menus and swimming pool soaks, all accompanied by fine wines and sweeping views.
Stay: Auberge Lac-à-L’eau-Claire (Superior)
Meals: B D
Depart for UK
Transfer back to Montréal Airport for your overnight flight home, arriving on day seven.
Any element of this itinerary can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
- Complimentary UK airport departure lounge access
- Return flights between UK and Montreal
- Arrival transfer to Le Saint Sulpice Hotel
- 2 nts accommodation Le Saint Sulpice, Montreal
- Walking tour of Montreal
- Transfer to Lac-a-L'eau-Claire and returning to Montreal airport
- 3 nts accommodation Auberge Lac-a-L'eau-Claire including Breakfast and Dinner
- Bear observation tour
- Beaver observation tour
Terms & Conditions
Prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin/double room; prices are subject to availability and possible change; normal booking conditions apply.
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0635