- Enjoy included tours and excursions with expert led guides
- Take advantage of the Daily Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Explore the UNESCO-designated cathedral of Cologne
- Admire historic architecture and ancient vineyards
- 2 Nights Amsterdam
- 1 Night Cologne
- 1 Night Rüdesheim
- 1 Night Ludwigshafen
- 1 Night Breisach
- 1 Night Basel
All-inclusive | Food & wine | History & culture | River cruise
Contoured by vineyard-clad hills and historic castles, the legendary Rhine captivates. Sailing south from Amsterdam, you'll experience the allure of France’s Alsace region in its welcoming capital, Strasbourg, and its priceless gem, Riquewihr. Explore centuries-old riverside towns and experience the best of the local food and drink as guided hikes and scenic bike rides bring you deep into the region's spectacular alpine countryside.
Day by day itinerary
Fly to Amsterdam where you will be met and transferred to the ship for your seven night Rhine Cruise.
On the second day, enjoy an included canal cruise and city tour.
Meals: B L D
Enjoy cruising to Cologne, home to one of Germany’s most revered Gothic masterpieces, the Cologne Cathedral. Join a guided tour through the enchanting Old Town and explore the UNESCO-designated cathedral, where the remains of the fabled Three Kings—the Magi—are believed to rest. Continue on and discover the Cologne Rathaus, Germany’s oldest town hall, the Overstolzenhaus and the Festival Hall. Alternatively, ride a bike along the Rhine and through the historic Stadtgarten. Or visit a local tavern to taste Cologne’s traditional Kölsch beer and Reibekuchen—potato pancakes served with apple sauce.
Meals: B L D
Rhine Gorge and Rüdesheim
Cruise through the captivating UNESCO-designated Rhine Gorge, the most stunningly beautiful stretch of the river before reaching the winemaking town of Rüdesheim. Wine connoisseurs will want to go on a walking tour through the vineyards where you’ll stop to sample wines at three different tasting stations. Or choose to drink up the stunning views by soaring high above the vineyards with a gondola ride to the Niederwalddenkmal Statue. For a more active adventure, join a guided bike tour along the scenic Rhine River. Later in the day, let Siegfried’s Mechanical Music Museum charm you with its remarkable collection of self-playing musical instruments; or taste one of the town’s special delights, Rüdesheimer Coffee, ceremoniously made with brandy, coffee and whipped cream.
Meals: B L D
You'll have a choice of three excursions. Visit Heidelberg, the perfectly preserved medieval city nestled in the Neckar River Valley along Germany’s Castle Road. Discover the iconic red sandstone Heidelberg Castle and Great Vat, an 18th-century 49,000-gallon wine cask. For a more active adventure while in Heidelberg, join a guided hike up the Philosopher's Path, aptly named during the Romantic Period, and be rewarded with panoramic views of the city. Alternatively, you can visit one of Germany’s oldest cities, Speyer, known for the largest Romanesque cathedral in Europe—a UNESCO World Heritage Site—and the medieval Altpörtel, Old Gate.
Meals: B L D
Strasbourg, the capital city of Alsace, has flavors of both France and Germany because of its borderline location, which you'll get to discover. Enjoy a panoramic bus tour past the stunning Parc de l’Orangerie, the European Parliament and the Place de la République followed by a walking tour through its iconic “La Petite France” district, which appears to have been lifted straight from the pages of a fairytale. You'll also see the Cathédrale de Nôtre Dame with its famous astronomical clock. The active adventurer can join a guided bike tour, which also takes you through the Parc de l’Orangerie.
Meals: B L D
Step back in time with a visit to the enchanting Alsatian town of Riquewihr. Having survived WWII without being badly damaged, this charming medieval hamlet looks much like it did in the 16th century. On your walking tour, admire historic architecture and surrounding vineyards as well as famous sights, such as the Dolder Gate. Alternatively, you may wish to visit Freiburg, founded in 1120 and home to the Freiburg Münster, a Gothic cathedral said to have “the most beautiful spire on earth.” Those wishing a more active excursion can cycle through the countryside.
Meals: B L D
Debark the ship and take your included shared transfer to the airport for your flight to the UK.
Any element of this cruise can be adjusted to suit your needs. Just contact us to find out more.
7-day River Cruise on board AmaPrima (AmaWaterways Cruises) from £1,664
Balcony Cabin (C):
30% off brochure fare
Book by: 31 March 2018
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in an outside stateroom (most with twin balconies)
- Computer for internet access
- Entertainment on Demand system featuring, movies, TV shows, news and music
- Mini-fridge, desk and sitting area
- Bottled water replenished daily
AN ARRAY OF AMENITIES
- Personalized service from a highly trained Cruise Manager during both cruise and land programs
- Internet and Wi-Fi access
- Sun deck pool with swim-up bar and walking track
- Fitness room
- Main Lounge with panoramic views and bar
- Bottled water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Daily entertainment including cultural performances
- All onboard dining in a variety of venues
- Regionally inspired cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients
- The Chef’s Table specialty restaurant
- Captain’s Welcome Cocktail and Dinner
- La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs exclusive dining experience
- Unlimited fine wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner
- Unlimited sparkling wine and fresh juice with breakfast
- Sip & Sail Daily Cocktail Hour with complimentary wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Tapas, sandwiches, snacks and refreshments served daily in the Main Lounge
A WORLD OF EXPLORATION
- Immersive tours in every destination
- Gentle, regular, active and late-riser tour options
- Bike tours and hikes
- Local Flavours tours
- Knowledgeable guides
- Personal headset for easy exploration
Meet our experts
Speak to a tailor-made specialist on 020 7590 0615Meet the team